If things stay as they are who wins the Atlantic?

If things stay as they are who wins the Atlantic

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Got to go with Tampa but Boston/Toronto should be in the running as well
The other teams don't look to be doing much

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Got to go with Tampa but Boston/Toronto should be in the running as well
The other teams don't look to be doing much

Ya but I have to include them because if not I will get things like "why isn't Ottawa or Buffalo included?"

Truth be told I think they only teams with a real shot are Toronto or Tampa

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Ya but I have to include them because if not I will get things like "why isn't Ottawa or Buffalo included?"

Truth be told I think they only teams with a real shot are Toronto or Tampa

The team that just eliminated the Leafs doesn’t even have a shot?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

I don't think so, the Leafs added Tavares and Boston lost both Rick and Riely Nash I think Toronto has passed them, I actually think Florida has passed them too, Hoffman is a huge addition for them.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I mean I think not having Boston in the mix is wrong but I'd be hard pressed to say they'll be better. It took them a third period game 7 come back to beat us this year, and we just signed a franchise center for free.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Alright I expected Tampa to be winning this poll but Ottawa has 2 votes and Florida has none, how?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Tampa

not only were they clearly better than the Leafs last year but I actually think that even without Karlsson they improved more on paper than the Leafs did too

sure the Leafs added Tavares but they also lost JVR and Bozak,still a net positive all in all but those are noteworthy losses

meanwhile Tampa will have full seasons of McDonagh and Miller next year and only really lost Namestnikov who they traded for those guys

paper isn't everything and any of Tampa/Boston/Toronto could realistically win the division but the Lightning have what looks to be a very decisive edge

Last edited:

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I mean I think not having Boston in the mix is wrong but I'd be hard pressed to say they'll be better. It took them a third period game 7 come back to beat us this year, and we just signed a franchise center for free.
His $11M cap hit has disappeared.

Damn, I thought Lou had left...

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
No reason to not pick Tampa still. They disposed of Boston easily who in turn was in a dogfight against Toronto. And Tampa is still a young team themselves with guys like Point and Sergachev who will only get better.

member 157595

Tampa's still the best on paper, and if they get Karlsson they're easily the best team in the entire league on paper.

Tampa, Toronto, Boston and Florida all make the PO's IMO.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I don't think so, the Leafs added Tavares and Boston lost both Rick and Riely Nash I think Toronto has passed them, I actually think Florida has passed them too, Hoffman is a huge addition for them.

Alright we’ll see. I don’t think counting yourself ahead of a team before beating them is very smart though.

member 157595

Alright we’ll see. I don’t think counting yourself ahead of a team before beating them is very smart though.

Tams are routinely counted ahead of teams they haven't themselves recently eliminated in the PO's.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
If Karlsson goes to Tampa, I see it being them. If not, I peg Toronto as the Presidents Trophy winner this year. If the title does as it suggests though, and things dont change, Toronto wont get past Tampa in the playoffs, whether or not Karlsson goes there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad