If the Wings pick 3rd….

If the Wings pick 3rd, who do you take?

• Total voters

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
For this roster, if my options are a guy who might be the next MacKinnon in a few years and a guy who might be the next Kucherov but might never play in the NHL, I'm taking quasi-MacKinnon every time.

They absolutely do need first line scoring. But Detroit does not have the luxury to roll the dice on a guy with red flags for availability.

If it were a draft with Michkov and then a massive drop off with nobody else having a first line ceiling, I could see maybe taking a chance. But not with this class.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
For this roster, if my options are a guy who might be the next MacKinnon in a few years and a guy who might be the next Kucherov but might never play in the NHL, I'm taking quasi-MacKinnon every time.

They absolutely do need first line scoring. But Detroit does not have the luxury to roll the dice on a guy with red flags for availability.

If it were a draft with Michkov and then a massive drop off with nobody else having a first line ceiling, I could see maybe taking a chance. But not with this class.
Rank your top ten

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
I don't think Carlsson will end up on the wing. Looks natural as a C against pros. Michkov is great but to me real question is if we get #4 do we take him or Smith. At #3 i would definetly take Carlsson or Fantilli.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Rank your top ten
Why?

1) I don't follow the prospects closely enough for it to be a meaningful ranking.

2) I specifically said my concern with Michkov was not talent level, but availability.

Whether he's second or third or tenth (or first) for talent is irrelevant. Unless I'm willing to lead a SEAL team into Russia to sneak him out under the cover of darkness, I'm not drafting the kid.

Now for somebody like Chicago who still has several years of cellar dwelling? Sure, they can roll the dice and wait around if they think he's the next superstar. But I want to start contending in the next 2-3 years, not stay in the lottery for another half a decade.

Reactions: David D

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I don't think Carlsson will end up on the wing. Looks natural as a C against pros. Michkov is great but to me real question is if we get #4 do we take him or Smith. At #3 i would definetly take Carlsson or Fantilli.

If he ends up in Detroit he will be on a Wing no matter what, or a wing will be on him more appropriately!:wg:

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
If he ends up in Detroit he will be on a Wing no matter what, or a wing will be on him more appropriately!:wg:

Yes and in WC he will most likely play on a line with Raymond. So they can start building up that chemistry for next season already. ;)

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
DRW can't get 4th OA. 1,2,3 or 9,10,11

Reactions: Kibe

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
I take a perennial selke center over a "Panarin/Gaudreau" any day in the week.
Barkov vs Matthews
Goals 0-0
Scoring chances: 13-4
High-danger chances: 6-3

Barkov vs Marner
Goals: 0-0
Scoring chances: 14-2
High-danger chances: 8-1

Selke-king of the future is eating the Leafs stars alive.

Same is happening what Bergeron usually did for them at 1st round.
Exactly my point. Give me 3 selke centers and i can rule the world.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
This is why you wouldn't want Bedard then. You want Carlsson
With the 3rd pick, only option is Carlsson. Naturally Bedard with the first pick, but couple years in Danny Cleary Hockey School and Bedard will be the greatest Selke center of all time. At least 11 Selkes.
1683574268873.png
Eye of the tiger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad