Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Kind of random but it is a little crazy that there isn’t a pro team in the four major sports that has the Dragons name…really odd now that I think about it. Seems like a no brained from a marketing perspective. The Utah Ice Dragons
Love the name Ice Dragons.
And funny enough the Ice hockey team in the city next to the one i went to highschool in has a team called Herford Ice Dragons.
And i did not know that and go there to play. Still could bit my ass over this ^^

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I was saying you have an extreme outlook.

Most people aren’t this unhinged. If they were, SLC would have more of a player problem than they will. So we all have a lot to be thankful for.
When making a pros/cons list, considering a Mormon dominated community a con on said list is hardly an unhinged or extreme outlook.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Haha yes, if you want me to agree that all people thinking about living in Utah have differing views and don’t think uniformly, yes I agree! Of course that’s going to be the case for some people. I assumed this was obvious. My argument is that I think anyone taking that stance and making that into such a negative that it prevents them from living there, is likely creating a bigger problem in their imagination than they would likely be presented with in real day to day life. But of course, everyone and every family is different and has different wants and needs and different things that will drive their decisions. No big deal.
No, I want you to acknowledge that some people will view living in a Mormon dominated community as a con. Yeah I get it, you don't agree with that view but it exists whether you agree with it or not.

Reactions: Nowotny

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
No, I want you to acknowledge that some people will view living in a Mormon dominated community as a con. Yeah I get it, you don't agree with that view but it exists whether you agree with it or not.
I just did agree with it. Read the post. I said I thought that was always an obvious implication. You’re painting this like I think everyone thinks and acts the same and makes decisions in the same way…which everyone knows isn’t true. You framing it that way is a little intellectually dishonest I think

Still proud of that statement?
Oof. Whoopsy.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona

Not sure if this was posted yet. Nothing certain but could be some clues here.

Can’t believe six months isn’t enough time to pick a name, but go well. I guess it is sort of a permanent thing though so it’s better to make sure they do a real good job on all the little details that come with it.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Still proud of that statement?
aahh yes, straight from strawman to now playing the nazi card. :rolleyes: Going to bust out with your think of the children tactic next?

Can’t believe six months isn’t enough time to pick a name, but go well. I guess it is sort of a permanent thing though so it’s better to make sure they do a real good job on all the little details that come with it.
Well when you're wrestling with such iconic names as "hockey club" or "HC", it takes some serious time! :sarcasm:

Cameron Poe Dameron

Jul 19, 2022
Teams in general are a real ship of theseus type thing, but this move is such a coyotes twist to it. Like it's the exact same team, just moved north some with a different name. But also they're considered brand new and all the history is in limbo. So we get the benefit of our team moving after years of pain and having seen them develop over the last few years to a market that will get the benefits of a fresh start as an expansion team but with near instant gratification. Oh and also coyotes fans "your" team is effectively dissolved at least temporarily for the next 5 years and this shady former owner who we did everything in our power to yank the team from gets to lord over them until then. Next level bs, classic coyotes circumstances.

So yeah I'll probably still follow "them."

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Dang not techy enough to post. Check out the stage is set for #NHLinUtha! On X

It's definitely not AMjr posting... I think I am excited??

Pretty impressive.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Hard to follow my favorite players after they get traded. Hard to follow the NHL after the team gets relocated. I won’t be following these upcoming playoffs.

Reactions: Prarievarg

Knights2017

Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Yeah, these guys are already dead to me..

I'm actually at peace with Josh having an opportunity to step out of his dad's shadow in a new market too.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
SLC isn't like any other 'city with churches' and you know that.

I don't know that it's anymore an issue than moving to small Canadian cities or whatever, but the LDS influence runs deep through the city and not every millionaire 20 something with options is going to be down with that.
The Silicon Slopes, encompassing the Salt Lake and Utah valleys, is one of the fastest-growing startup hubs in the nation. Ingenious ideas and tenacious developers are attracting venture capital like "The Greatest Snow on Earth" attracts ski bums, and the Beehive State currently boasts dozens of wildly successful ventures.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

Not sure if this was posted yet. Nothing certain but could be some clues here.

Venom works for me...

There are some great mock up jerseys for that in this thread.

If they use copperheads as part of the theme they could use their "unique brown hourglass bands" as the striping on the arms.

Colours:
White
Copper
Brown
Royal Blue and
Black (coal)

Reactions: starman

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
When making a pros/cons list, considering a Mormon dominated community a con on said list is hardly an unhinged or extreme outlook.
You said what you said. If you’re not embarrassed, I can’t help you but I am sorry.
Acknowledging the the demographics of a city is hardly unhinged -- it's no different than acknowledging Edmonton weather or Los Angeles cost of living or San Jose taxes. Salt Lake City is more conservative than most major cities, to the extent you could argue it's not even a "major" city. It's Reno. It's Albuquerque. It's Omaha. Among existing NHL cities, it's Columbus.

19 year old Patrick Kane probably would have thought SLC a boring place to live. For a 31 year old married free agent, it might be perfect. Nobody needs to cite Godwin's Law about this.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
That’s not what he did.

It's wild you keep pretending the LDS don't have outsized or problematic influence in Utah. It would be the same problem if any other group reached a similar point to where they control the majority of the politics in the state. It's not going to be for everyone. So yeah, it'd be a "problem" if Utah was super Hasidic, to use your lame gotcha example. Most people don't want religion intertwined with their government and for good reason.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Venom works for me...

There are some great mock up jerseys for that in this thread.

If they use copperheads as part of the theme they could use their "unique brown hourglass bands" as the striping on the arms.

Colours:
White
Copper
Brown
Royal Blue and
Black (coal)
I am into the copper shade as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad