Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
For me, the answer is almost certainly yes. I have followed the Coyotes more closely than any other team in any other sport. There is no other team that I can name every player and nearly every prospect worth mentioning. There is no other fan forum in any sport that I visit.

I also want to see the BA rebuild play out. We have a good thing going (I know, we've said it before), and I want to see the result. Many years of playoff runs should be coming our way, and I can say I was on the bandwagon before it was even built.

My decision might be easier since I don't regularly attend games. It sucks for all fans, but season ticket holders especially. They have a lot of time, money, and tears invested in the team.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
I'll likely switch to following the SHL or some local soccer team if they relocate. Though I'll miss following some of the players, that bond might pull me back at some point in the future. Even so, I doubt I'll ever be as invested

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
I’ll jump ship to a casual Avs fan since my wife is from Denver. Either that or whichever player forces their way out of SLC first, I might follow wherever they go

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
For me, the answer is almost certainly yes. I have followed the Coyotes more closely than any other team in any other sport. There is no other team that I can name every player and nearly every prospect worth mentioning. There is no other fan forum in any sport that I visit.

I also want to see the BA rebuild play out. We have a good thing going (I know, we've said it before), and I want to see the result. Many years of playoff runs should be coming our way, and I can say I was on the bandwagon before it was even built.

My decision might be easier since I don't regularly attend games. It sucks for all fans, but season ticket holders especially. They have a lot of time, money, and tears invested in the team.
I followed them as a Jets fan when I was a little kid..

But live in Canada so I don’t have a stake in this other than I would want all staff to follow the team .. BA, AT , SW etc..

100% will follow the team .. my greatest fear is the team folding as I would likely not follow the NHL..

If the move to SLC, I would hope they stick with the rebuild

The reason I am so vocal against this is because certain reporters have “broke” stories, not necessarily anything to do with the Yotes.. got everyone all riled up only to find out there was misinformation.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
As long as BA still gets to call the shots and as long as the branding isn’t horrifyingly embarrassing I’ll still remain a fan and follow the team as closely as I do now.

EDIT: one MAJOR caveat would be if there’s a way for me to watch. AZ locals can just buy the NHL streaming service right? Since they’re out of market?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This is my stance as well.
I was thinking we should start a Coyotes fan Slack/Discord for non-Utah supporters. The AZ guys and the Canadian guys from on here.

HFB is still around but I think it’s gonna be toxic and I don’t know how welcome we’ll be at the beginning as UT folks start to find the place.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
As long as BA still gets to call the shots and as long as the branding isn’t horrifyingly embarrassing I’ll still remain a fan and follow the team as closely as I do now.

EDIT: one MAJOR caveat would be if there’s a way for me to watch. AZ locals can just buy the NHL streaming service right? Since they’re out of market?

I pay for the ESPN+/Hulu/Disney bundle, which gives me every NHL game (except in market), plus Snow White and Luke Skywalker.

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
I've been a follower of the Yotes since the days of Teppo, J.R. and The Bulin Wall. Never got to watch many of the games since I lived in Washington (state) and satellite TV was just getting noticed. Yes, I'll still follow and root for them in Utah, if it happens. I'm glad they'll be in a place I've been to and enjoy, rather than going to the East Coast, where there's already enough teams.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I might, I might not. Certainly won't be as passionate.

I keep thinking about graduating from a large state university: you spend four years of your life away from home for the first time, and your life revolves around grades and girls and dorms and fraternities and sororities and scholarships and meeting new people and then one day,,, you leave. (and in my case, Gainesville FL really was a la-la land - ask @Summer Rose it likely still is ). And I specifically remember, driving home from Gainesville after getting my diploma and thinking: not one bit of it matters now. Yes, you'll have lasting memories and maybe some lifelong friends, so it's something. But you go back to visit your friends over the next year or two who are still there, and it's never the same. Like 15 mins after you graduate, that's it it's over.

And so that's the most likely thing for me, it seems. If they really leave and become the Utah Whatevers, in many ways the last 28 years of fandom will instantly no longer matter, because it's no longer my state's team. And I'll probably still root for them (certainly in the Western Conference, because other teams? Blech) for a while, but eventually they'll get players I'm not familiar with, and I'll care less and less.

Same thing happened with the Orlando Magic, except *I* was the one who moved. That first year I was here was the big Shaq/Penny year when they went to the Finals (and shoulda played the Suns, darn it), and I was watching every game. Then that team never got over the hump, and now I only care when they're good (which seems to be happening again, btw. In fact I was just home last month and went to my first Magic game in 25 years)

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
f*** no. I want Utah fans to suffer. I want them to feel the anger and frustration and heartbreak I’ve felt the last 20 years. I hope little kids who get to grow up with my team get to wonder why they were cursed with such a piece of shit team, just like I’ve had to.
They will unfortunately.. everyone already saying SLC is not a good location.. people saying it is embarrassing as the arena is not feasible.. you can’t get liquor after a certain time? Not sure if that was sarcasm or not

Not many media people like it .. ( which is wierd after they complain about Mullet)

I doubt many free agents will want to go there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad