Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Can you imagine the first game and LOB starts a fight and wins ( obviously a fantasy hypothetical) and instead of cheering the crowd gasps in shock. :)
One of the few good things about this is the new team shouldn't have LOB. Hopefully only hard playing skilled players. No more fill dumpster diving players.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
One of the few good things about this is the new team shouldn't have LOB. Hopefully only hard playing skilled players. No more fill dumpster diving players.
He was less annoying and less of a liability the last couple months. Feel like someone got in his ear about the dumb stuff.

Could see potential in Jenik taking his slot.

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
Why? AZ is losing it's one and only NHL team. If you still want to be an NHL fan, the team with all the players you know seems like a good option.
You don't need to root for any team to enjoy the game.I love football (soccer) and there is no better league than EPL.I don't have single team I am rooting for I just like some teams more than the others.( I also dislike Manchester United which is football equivalent of Maple Leafs,New York Yankees and Dallas Cowboys). And I still enjoy the games tremendously.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
You don't need to root for any team to enjoy the game.I love football (soccer) and there is no better league than EPL.I don't have single team I am rooting for I just like some teams more than the others.( I also dislike Manchester United which is football equivalent of Maple Leafs,New York Yankees and Dallas Cowboys). And I still enjoy the games tremendously.
I won't root for a Utah team, but will follow certain players. The passion is about to leave me in a couple of days...

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I think that is a very rare position to be in. I can pretty much only do that with golf. Everyone’s different but for me, watching a game just to watch it always seems super boring and uninteresting. The excitement comes from having a vested interest in the outcome and rooting for the group from your hometown or the group you’ve been watching develop for years. I can watch playoff hockey if my team isn’t in it and still enjoy it, but it still always feels a little boring.

Reactions: Prarievarg

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I'm quite honestly shocked that so many people are willing to support an Utah team.
I am an original Jets fan .. People ask why I don’t follow the new Jets ? ., I tell them that they are really the Atlanta thrashers … in my opinion.

I live in Alberta , I don’t cheer for the Flames or Oilers ( maybe during the playoffs if my team is out)

The team I follow are the players and organizationI am invested in, not where they live .. it’s why so many people that moved to AZ wear different Jerseys to the games, they are invested in the players..

That’s why for me If the team folded and the players got drafted to other teams , it would be hard for me to watch.. I may pick one player to follow.. who knows?

One thing different in this day and age compared to years ago. Is social media.. what makes this move hard for me ( who doesn’t live in AZ) is how much time spent watching podcasts like PHNX and all of the people surrounding the organization.

I lived next door to Wayne McBeans parents who was the head of the Coyotes Alumni at one time and owned the golf course where the players play sometimes.. so sometimes got some gear from them.

It’s hard to hear Craig Leah and Steve , these last few days not caring about the team .. but I get it they are losing their jobs potentially, and they loved what they did, and had relationships with these guys.

It would be really interesting if the Coyotes come back to AZ, I will have mixed feelings on that.. If Doan somehow makes it back .. I may have to cheer for him because I cheered for Shane in Winnipeg. And I share the same faith as Doan and to see how he made an impact in AZ and deeply cared for every interaction he has with every person was great to see..

It was cool to see how the playing for the least watched Sport in AZ, he became the most popular athlete.

So I am not surprised how many are going to follow the team .. they have invested time and money and passion into it.

In my opinion if the team came back to AZ. They would likely have to start fresh with fans ..however it would be an expansion team so well known players would get picked to come., and you know someone like Crouse Doan and Keller , if they gave free agency a shot would think long and hard about coming back.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

True, but I still haven't heard a good reason not to root for the Utah Whatevers.

Reactions: Llewzaher

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I'm quite honestly shocked that so many people are willing to support an Utah team.
I won't call it support, but I'm definitely going to be following. I love the BA rebuild. It'll eventually fade for me, and I won't have a team to cheer for. I doubt one will emerge unless we get a team back in the valley, which I think is highly unlikely for many years.

What will shock me is if AM bids at the auction. If he does, I'll be even more shocked that he gets it built. If he gets it built, I'll be most shocked that the league welcomes him back.
A trifecta of shocks.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
This is a reasonable viewpoint. It’s also reasonable to conclude that walking away from the team is just cutting off your nose to spite your face.
That's kind of where I am, sure a huge part of me wants to tell them to f*** off and send a message but there's the problem, no one is going to see or hear that message. It'll be a completely meaningless gesture. The only person impacted by my decision will be me, I'll be hockeyless, F40less, and for what? I already have too many fruitless stances (seriously people, start giving a f*** about privacy!!!) in my arsenal, I'm too tired to add another one. So as long as F40 is still kicking and until either BA and players are gone or AZ gets expansion, I'll discuss and follow the team here with my fellow jilted Coyotes fans.

Last edited:

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
The Venom and Yeti jerseys look good. I like the names, too. Stags one looks good, but, reminds me of the Predators away (white) and classic Kings away (purple) sweaters.

HowlofRevel

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Is their any chance that the Suns owner rides in as a white knight?

I’m really miserable about this.
Sadly, no. AM won't sell locally. He'd get a lesser price than the sale to relocate. It would also kill his entertainment district plans - the expansion franchise if he can deliver an arena on time keeps the entertainment district dream alive.

The NHL's priorities right now are:
1) Get out of Mullett
2) Get this current franchise out of AM's hands. Make him put up or shut up.

42) Have an NHL franchise in Arizona next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad