Rumor: If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

If the Coyotes Relocate, Will You Remain a Fan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 37.2%
  • Maybe/Undecided

Votes: 46 29.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
They will unfortunately.. everyone already saying SLC is not a good location.. people saying it is embarrassing as the arena is not feasible.. you can’t get liquor after a certain time? Not sure if that was sarcasm or not

Not many media people like it .. ( which is wierd after they complain about Mullet)

I doubt many free agents will want to go there
Good.

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
They will unfortunately.. everyone already saying SLC is not a good location.. people saying it is embarrassing as the arena is not feasible.. you can’t get liquor after a certain time? Not sure if that was sarcasm or not

Not many media people like it .. ( which is wierd after they complain about Mullet)

I doubt many free agents will want to go there
And don't forget no Sunday home games

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I was thinking we should start a Coyotes fan Slack/Discord for non-Utah supporters. The AZ guys and the Canadian guys from on here.

HFB is still around but I think it’s gonna be toxic and I don’t know how welcome we’ll be at the beginning as UT folks start to find the place.
If a Discord starts up, I'll join gladly. Beats Twitter or Threads or any of that other crap. Drop me details if someone sets up a server. Maybe we can have PHNX create a common update board for non subscribers that we can add to ours.

Reactions: Dead Coyote

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Initially yea, over time likely no. Expecting Smith to add a role between he and BA, minimizing BA’s authority and leading to his departure in <2 years. Bear will last only as long as he wins.

Roster turnover might be accelerated if Smith wants to win quickly. He may also want to distance the org from the past. Plus Morgan said a few guys don’t want to play in SLC.

In a couple years they’ll be just another team.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
If they relocate, I’ll pay closer attention to the Blues, since I live in MO.
I was initially going to quit the NHL cold turkey but I remembered I was a Bruins fan when Big Joe Thornton was a rookie, so I could theoretically go back to that... And I love Seattle and the Kraken branding, so there's another option...

It'll take me a while to heal up enough to post on another HF sub board though. And never again at BoH.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Yes, assuming they keep the management and core in place and don’t do anything stupid. Easier for me to say yes as a non-local fan.
This.

I have waited for a long time to see my Jets 1.0 be good. There is so much promise right now. Excited to see how Bill Armstrong's plan plays out.

IF the team moves, they better have a fantastic jersey (not stupid name).

And they better keep the core and management.

Living 50 miles from Boston in the summers I’ll probably follow them. Who knows? Sure as hell won’t root for Winnipeg.
:wally

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Exactly!

Utah Grizzlies
Utah Bighorns

Salt Lake Stingers
Salt Lake Stallions

Give me mountain themed jersey trim. And don’t get cartoonish with the logo. Simple.

Utah Yeti? I kinda feel like they will go singular team name like the Jazz. Also read somewhere that it is Utah not SLC, also like the Jazz.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Utah Yeti? I kinda feel like they will go singular team name like the Jazz. Also read somewhere that it is Utah not SLC, also like the Jazz.
I really dislike yeti a lot.

They can go with Utah but I don’t see why. Does anyone live outside of SLC?

I think Grizzlies is the hardest to screw up. It’s the safest bet. There’s the history with Utah pro hockey and it has that double Z like the Jazz. Do a little bit of brand cohesion.

They could do purple mainly like the Jazz, too. Mountain trim.

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
If they leave I’m not becoming a Salt Lake City Soaker fan or whatever.

I live in NC and will just become a Canes fan I think. Went to see the Yotes play in Raleigh and the place was electric. Fun brand of hockey.

Was a Yotes fan from the beginning. Gutted.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Along the theme of cryptozoology, Skinwalker Ranch isn't too far from Salt Lake City.

Salt Lake City Skinwalkers!

Reactions: RollingCoyote

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
A1745484-5884-415A-8964-6C14BA900BA7.jpeg

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I really dislike yeti a lot.

They can go with Utah but I don’t see why. Does anyone live outside of SLC?

I think Grizzlies is the hardest to screw up. It’s the safest bet. There’s the history with Utah pro hockey and it has that double Z like the Jazz. Do a little bit of brand cohesion.

They could do purple mainly like the Jazz, too. Mountain trim.

I think part of the thinking with Utah is it just represents the whole state.

This is very Everett Silvertips

I think Grizzlies is okay but it feels like a knock off version of the Bruins. Also need to get the name from the ECHL team first.

Reactions: Kai Yo T
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad