If the Caps win, Beagle will become the first ECHL, AHL and NHL champion

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I'm sure he takes it stride. He's proud of them but he keeps them in perspective. I was a two-time 1600 meter track state champion many moons ago...in a Class C school...and I ran against 8 kids the first time and 7 the second time. It's cool...but at the same time, not something I brag about necessarily unless I'm at the bar with friends who have not conquered such a great feat.

All about perspective.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Those must have been dark days for be Caps....
Yeah, just President Trophy winning seasons....

He's just a multitool player that brings it every single night. In the same sense Lars Eller was arguably our MVP this season after Ovechkin, to the stat-line watcher they would scoff at that. Guys like Beagle and Eller are reliable, Beags has deteriorated a bit with age but he was for a long time such a consistent force that you knew you were getting, energy, grit, and a fundamentally safe player every night.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
A lot of the guys driving those Hershey wins were career AHLers though. They were great AHLers, to be sure, but they were there for a reason.
Right but there is value to surrounding your youth with those guys. Also you're in theory instilling a winning nature in them young and having them understand what the playoffs is about. Guys like Neuvirth, Varlamov, Green, Beagle, Alzner, Carlson, Holtby, etc. all won Calder Cups (some of them won 2).

Also to further my "Stacked team narrative, in 09-10 three of the four Bears goalies that saw action that season were Michal Neuvirth, Seymon Varlamov, and Braden Holtby. I mean it's pretty easy to understand how that team only lost 17 games in regulation.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I'm sure he takes it stride. He's proud of them but he keeps them in perspective. I was a two-time 1600 meter track state champion many moons ago...in a Class C school...and I ran against 8 kids the first time and 7 the second time. It's cool...but at the same time, not something I brag about necessarily unless I'm at the bar with friends who have not conquered such a great feat.

All about perspective.
I don't think people like you even have the slightest idea of the amount of talent that is in the ECHL, let alone the AHL, let alone how insanely difficult it is for a non-goalie to make that climb. There are guys who are phenomenal college hockey players that get cut from the ECHL, it's not a joke league.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Yeah, just President Trophy winning seasons....

He's just a multitool player that brings it every single night. In the same sense Lars Eller was arguably our MVP this season after Ovechkin, to the stat-line watcher they would scoff at that. Guys like Beagle and Eller are reliable, Beags has deteriorated a bit with age but he was for a long time such a consistent force that you knew you were getting, energy, grit, and a fundamentally safe player every night.
Aka a dime a dozen 4th liner

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Is this where the salty Pens fans check in?

It's obviously premature to anoint Beagle now, but that would at the very least be "neat".

I’m sure I read Alzner had done the same...

Is-that-so-GIF.gif

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
-The first thing that comes to mind with Beagle. Dirtball destroyed when not cheap shotting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad