Speculation: If Tavares Doesn't Want to Re-Sign...

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I had this in my head for a while now and it is based on if JT signed a long term deal or promises to sign a long term with the team he is being traded to.

JT + Nelson + (A prospect or top 6 player) for Draisaitl + RNH + Poolparty

I've been trying to figure out what combination of JT plus to get these 3....I know people here will be opinionated...too much or too little..so just saying here, this is what I am playing with in my head.

Our bottom 9 are fine and we have so much depth there.

Drai and RNH straddle our top 6 while we get a great young winger.

Nothing changes really...we just strengthened down the middle, especially the top 6 centre which is RNH.

IF we were to accomplish this trade, I don't see where we can miss a step as we would still be playoff bound or at least have a real good chance.

davinhimself

Nov 9, 2009
Queens, NY
As a thought experiment - let's see
Arizona
Keller C/LW
Crouse LW
Chychrun LD
2018 #1

Tampa
Palat LW
Sergachyev LD
2018 #1

Ottawa
Chabot LD
White C
2018 #1

Columbus
PL Dubois
Seth Jones

Or
Dubois
G Carlson
Anderson
2018 #1

These probably all stink -

With all due respect, unless he extends with his new team, there is now way we would anything remotely close to these offers.

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
I swear, it's like some fans WANT him to leave.

What more does this man need to say? As long as he gets a market value offer, which he will, there is nothing to worry about.

I get that its August though.

Agreed. I can think of at least 3 on this board who seem almost angry that he hasn't come out yet and said he's definitely leaving!

I choose to be among those who are optimistic that he stays.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I had this in my head for a while now and it is based on if JT signed a long term deal or promises to sign a long term with the team he is being traded to.

JT + Nelson + (A prospect or top 6 player) for Draisaitl + RNH + Poolparty

I've been trying to figure out what combination of JT plus to get these 3....I know people here will be opinionated...too much or too little..so just saying here, this is what I am playing with in my head.

Our bottom 9 are fine and we have so much depth there.

Drai and RNH straddle our top 6 while we get a great young winger.

Nothing changes really...we just strengthened down the middle, especially the top 6 centre which is RNH.

IF we were to accomplish this trade, I don't see where we can miss a step as we would still be playoff bound or at least have a real good chance.

While that would be really nice I think that EDM wouldn't make that kind of deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad