If our scouts are so good...

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Murray was sold on Conacher by his pro scouts. Conacher is such a "not Murray" type of player... Murray had a deal for a 2nd + 4th, and took Conacher + 4th because his scouts thought he could be a top 6 fwd. As far as I'd remembered, Murray didn't know much about Conacher at all.

Sorry, I don’t buy that at all. That is a lame answer.:shakehead

Were not talking about trading cards here, were talking about a General Manger managing a Team.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Were not talking about trading cards here, were talking about a General Manger managing a Team.

"This piece of information does not support my opinion and will therefore be ignored"

21st century logic checks out. Ignore facts and talk louder than your adversary. I could probably set you up with a fox news gig.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

Okay, maybe Murray just lied and threw his pro scouting staff under the bus to save his ass, rather than being candid and honest about the process as he always is.

If you don't buy it that's fine, I'm not selling it. I'm just taking what I have an laying it out. Pick it up or walk on by, that's your prerogative.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Murray was sold on Conacher by his pro scouts. Conacher is such a "not Murray" type of player... Murray had a deal for a 2nd + 4th, and took Conacher + 4th because his scouts thought he could be a top 6 fwd. As far as I'd remembered, Murray didn't know much about Conacher at all.
Is this your opinion because it sounds like you're stating it as fact

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Is this your opinion because it sounds like you're stating it as fact

No, thats what Murray said. Not my opinion. Can't remember if it was in the paper or on here, but I remember it having valid confirmation. Otherwise I would not have said it like that.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
No, thats what Murray said. Not my opinion. Can't remember if it was in the paper or on here, but I remember it having valid confirmation. Otherwise I would not have said it like that.
What else is he going to say about a player he just traded for. The way I remember it was he got what he could for Bishop and got back a player who can help with scoring. Nothing more.

Othello*

If the case was a 2nd + 4th it would have been awful to even consider it. Murray paid a 2nd to get Bishop and decides to trade him for a 2nd?

Don't believe you either way, but we lost that deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad