If Not Cappy Poll

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
None of the above.

Guy Boucher

I'd even consider giving Butch Goring a shot...maybe as an assistant.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
None of the above.

Guy Boucher

Yes.

Always give a choice as "other".

Out of what's there - Tactically: Brent Sutter but he always looks like he crapped his pants and has no spare underwear. That has to wear on a team so not good psychologically.

Wilson otherwise.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I fear Doug Weight will become the guy. If not, then....

Garth Snow, Hockey USA, Ron Wilson. And this would not be the end of the world, but it may see Gordon come back as well. If so then yes, it is the end of the world.

I would prefer Boucher, and two others....

I voted on who I think it could be, not who I want.

FirewagonChange

Oct 8, 2014
The new owners will clean shop. Cappy will stay until the end of the season, then him and Garth take a hike. Dan Bylsma is my guess for next coach.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
The best choice is Brent Sutter but that wont happen...

Guy Boucher is a tough SOB. I think if nothing else he will have us playing are ***** off

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
Two votes for Weight? Yikes. Anyone outside of the organization with a decent track record would be a welcomed upgrade.

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
I want a Canadian, Brent Sutter would be my choice if I could vote, I would even give Adam Oates a shot, coaching Ovechkin seems to be a death sentence for coaches so I will give him a pass on last year

definitely do not want Blysma, to much bad blood with the Penguins and I am sure he had a say in leaving Okposo off of the Olympic team

scott99

May 13, 2005
I almost voted for Weight. Not because I want to, but because it is thought of as inevitable.

Agree 100%. IF Snow actually finally grows a pair and fires Cappy, no way in ****ing hell does this team go outside to get a new coach, no ****ing way. It'll be Weight. Only positive Weight vs Cappy, at least Weight is fiery. If by some miracle Snow does fire Cappy, and does go outside of the organization, I'd love to see Brent Sutter come in.

scott99

May 13, 2005
It seems inevitable that Cappy is going to get canned, but who would you want to see as his replacement, not who you think would replace him. Here are what I would think are the 12 options.

I love your optimism towards Cappy getting fired, but I don't think that happens until the new owners get more power. I fear we are stuck with Simple Jack for 2 years. I'd be pleasantly shocked if Cappy was fired, but you realize if they do, the will pass the baton to Weight.

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
I just want a competent coach... I don't care who it is as long as they have more wins then losses and have fielded a playoff team for multiple years regardless of playoff success.

Capuano 2nd on our all time list for coaches is embarrassing

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Brent Sutter or Guy Boucher are my guys off the list.

Knowing Snow it'll be Ron Wilson.

Doug Weight will just be the assistant GM or whatever title he has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad