Speculation: If Habs win 2OA or 3OA lottery

Your pick

• Total voters

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Drysdale?
I was going to say something sarcastic about how it's a fantasy, and I'll wait to respond if we actually do get such a pick.

Then i thought about it, and it's a good question. Most have Lafreniere at number 1. But who do people want at 2 or 3... So I deleted my post...

Our biggest organizational need is elite talent at any position. Screw position, screw size, just get us elite talent if we get a top 3 pick.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Say we stay at 8th, what does it take to move into the Top 3? Our 1st, 2-2nds and a prospect or young established player?
I don't know. Honestly I think whoever win it will want to keep the pick. The only scenario is that the team at 2nd overall prefer Byfield and would be willing to trade down a spot.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
As unlucky as we (Montrealers) are with everything, we are NEVER gonna win the top 3 lottery. We'll have to settle for 9-10th overall and cry.

Reactions: Gains

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I don't know. Honestly I think whoever win it will want to keep the pick. The only scenario is that the team at 2nd overall prefer Byfield and would be willing to trade down a spot.
Yeah, I can't see anybody trading down unless is an absolute ridiculous offer.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
As unlucky as we (Montrealers) are with everything, we are NEVER gonna win the top 3 lottery. We'll have to settle for 9-10th overall and cry.

We won it 2 years ago with KK!

Honestly, sounds like Stutzle. If we win the 3OA and Stutzle is gone I think it's a toss up between Byfield and Drysdale. I would go with Drysdale but it's not like Byfield would be a bad pick there.

But I wouldn't bother trying to trade up if we're 8th or 9th. Assuming Lafreniere, Stutzle, Byfield and Drysdale are all gone (can't imagine they wouldn't be), we'll get one of these guys:
- Raymond
- Sanderson
- Holtz
- Rossi
- Perfetti
- Quinn

Any one of those guys could and should become a part of the young core within 2-3 years. All fantastic players. That is my current order BTW.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm curious. I haven't followed prospects much, but it seemed like all year Byfield was the favourite to go #2. Has he fallen off, have others caught up, or is he just that risky compared to his competition (and doesn't offer more upside)?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I had a covid19 induced nostalgia streak of Jordan Bulls games after watching the available episodes of The Last Dance on netflix

And man, eh, I gotta say, it's pretty friggin depressing coming back to Bergevinland after that.

But anyway, all this to say, I'm wishing we win #3 and get a MJ type pick with it!

Reactions: KFlint

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Byfield is the youngest player in the top 10.

He's not even 18 years old yet.

Just to give you an idea, Rossi got 65 points at 17 and was on pace for 138 points this year at 18.

Byfield as a 17 year old got 82 points.

At 18 he may have doubled his point totals... You never know.

If we win the lottery and go for Stutzel as well or Byfield if we have 3 and Stutzel is drafted.

We've been clamoring for a big Center man in Montréal since Damphousse's days with the Habs.

Here's our chance to get one. 6'4" 210lbs, can skate and has hands? I'm pretty sure the Habs will draft Byfield at 2oa or 3oa.

Now if we stay at #8, I would love to move up to 5 or 6 if Rossi is still on the board.

That kid is gonna be special.
I mean he's defensively sound already.
He was at +67 this season.

I know that Stat doesn't count for much, but being in a junior league where scoring is up and finishing with a +67 is a really good indicator that you are playing the game right.

If he was 6'2" and 195lbs he would be ranked #1 ahead of Laffer IMO.

Would love to see this kid on a line with Caufield and a big grinder/PF on their left.

Reactions: Da Grinder

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
I haven't followed the prospects a lot this year compared to previous years but I liked that german kid Stutzle. I don't know enough about the rest of the bunch to know where he'd rank, so there may be better players but I can see him crafting himself a nice career.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Byfield is the youngest player in the top 10.

He's not even 18 years old yet.

Just to give you an idea, Rossi got 65 points at 17 and was on pace for 138 points this year at 18.

Byfield as a 17 year old got 82 points.

At 18 he may have doubled his point totals... You never know.

If we win the lottery and go for Stutzel as well or Byfield if we have 3 and Stutzel is drafted.

We've been clamoring for a big Center man in Montréal since Damphousse's days with the Habs.

Here's our chance to get one. 6'4" 210lbs, can skate and has hands? I'm pretty sure the Habs will draft Byfield at 2oa or 3oa.

Now if we stay at #8, I would love to move up to 5 or 6 if Rossi is still on the board.

That kid is gonna be special.
I mean he's defensively sound already.
He was at +67 this season.

I know that Stat doesn't count for much, but being in a junior league where scoring is up and finishing with a +67 is a really good indicator that you are playing the game right.

If he was 6'2" and 195lbs he would be ranked #1 ahead of Laffer IMO.

Would love to see this kid on a line with Caufield and a big grinder/PF on their left.

Cherry picking data. Garbage nonsense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad