Idiotic new goal celebration - lights go out

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I just realized they've got recorded crowd cheering mixed in with that goal horn/music celebration.

That I cannot abide.

What happens if the goal judge makes a mistake, the lights go out and then we score?

According to a previous broadcast, all goal judges have been removed from the arenas, and the goal lights are triggered by Toronto. So blame them if that happens.

Reactions: Wearebadmr91

bedtime20

nap nap
Nov 30, 2018
Metro Detroit
I just realized they've got recorded crowd cheering mixed in with that goal horn/music celebration.

That I cannot abide.

According to a previous broadcast, all goal judges have been removed from the arenas, and the goal lights are triggered by Toronto. So blame them if that happens.
1. That's sad I can't wait until this team is good again
2. If so what about the goal last year in Arizona we got fricked on

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

When you're at a Wings game and can't figure out where the cheering is coming from.

ODipdhL.gif

ColdToiletSeats

Jul 10, 2006
Detroit
I think it's good. (and look's cool) I'm sure it will really piss off the opposing team. I know if I was a goalie against the Wings I'd hate for it to happen lol

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Meh, so few goals are scored its not like we see it all the time. But, its not the worst thing ever. The woo is the only thing that annoys me.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
1. That's sad I can't wait until this team is good again
2. If so what about the goal last year in Arizona we got fricked on

I think that rule was implemented this year, but I'm not really sure on the specifics. I don't know if there's a "kill switch" tied to the goal light or what...

Is that actually what is happening?

I thought that wasn't legal.

I thought I was just drunkenly hearing extra stuff, but then went back and watched the condensed replay sober. Sure enough, every time the goal horn recording played, there was instant, higher-pitched cheering that went along with it, almost like the intro to Jock Jams or something... and it was the same every time. Maybe I'm just imagining things, but give it a listen if you can.

I thought I remembered something about that being a no-no as well, but I can't be certain. Maybe it's only during playoff games or something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad