Idiotic new goal celebration - lights go out

Oct 18, 2006
Yeah not sure what to make of it to be honest. Kinda like it, but kinda hate it.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I don't mind it either way, I just think it's a terrible time to start doing it if it's something they want to start doing regularly.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
The woo and the guy screaming let’s go red wings is not cool we’re an original 6 team so we should not do these wacky gimmicky things that belong in the AHL or expansion teams but I like the lights

The woo thing would be fine if you are the one and only team doing it. However there are a billion different teams fans doing this at games after goals and whatnot.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Gimmicky. But not turrible. They put the spotlight on the goal scorer and wash things out in red.

I'd probably pass, but it's not the end of the world.

As was mentioned though what if there is a scrum after the goal - I guess they'd just have to watch for it and put the light back on quickly. A good time to suckerpunch somebody though.

Another thing - it will look pretty ridiculous when we're getting blown out and put one on the board to make it like 6-2 or something. Like when WR's posture and showboat a first down when the team is getting blown out.

I'd save it for go ahead or game tying goals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter Tosh

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
The woo-ing is so ****ing bad and annoying both on TV and in person.

But that's what LCA gets for constantly playing Ric Flair promos during the game.

As someone from Ric Flair's home state, and growing up in his heyday, I'm pretty done with it.

I like the lights out goal celebration. It's different and dramatic. Adds some theatrics to a thing that hasn't happened all that often this season.

I just hope the electrical system can handle the cycling... it would suck to have the lights not come back on, I guess.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
What happens if the goal judge makes a mistake, the lights go out and then we score?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad