Post-Game Talk: I typed James Neal into my phone

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
I really think the Wings should make a move. Lets go for it. We only got a couple more years of Dats and Z.

100% this. Holland needs to go all in this year. If he does, we will be legitimate cup contenders. This season might be one of our last chances. D and Z are going to start slowing down sooner rather than later. The time is now for this team.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I think Sheahan has been outstanding this entire roadtrip.

Yeah he was bad ass. He had some rough head to heads after Z went down. Thorton, Kopitar, etc and he didn't get abused he hung in there. Good to see he is capable of playing against the big boy type of players and can hold his own.

Loved Marchy potting in his first. Loved his terminator like expression afterword even more. :yo:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
It would be cool of Marchenko could be a main-stay on this team for a long time... a lot, beforehand, was against that... Russian factor, injury-prone during junior days, 7th rounder... Was it HÃ¥kan that selected him?

Believe it was the Russian scout, Nikolai Vakourov. Also believe he was responsible for Kadeykin.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Pulkkinen's shot timing is really coming together. He's getting open and getting his shot off much better already.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
I can't vote on these polls for some reason, but I'll give my three stars anyways.

Monster
Abby
Marchenko

Looked to me like those two goals in the third really got the Preds off their game. It's interesting to see that they went from being physical and trying to grind the Wings down (which looked to be effective), to completely jettisoning that strategy to when they needed to get a goal. This Wings team is resilient as ****. Nice to see them come up with the win here.

Didn't think Tatar had a great game overall, but he had the game winner, so I suppose there's something to be said for showing up when it counts.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
This GIF is too funny, Tatar is not amused.

CoolSilverCooter.gif

Good game, always nice to beat down the annoying little brother with the chip on his shoulder. James Neal is a ******* and I eagerly await the day he gets his.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
This GIF is too funny, Tatar is not amused.

CoolSilverCooter.gif

Good game, always nice to beat down the annoying little brother with the chip on his shoulder. James Neal is a ******* and I eagerly await the day he gets his.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tatar's look on his face is like "Smitty...getting real tired of your ****."

Last edited by a moderator:

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
Pulkkinen's shot timing is really coming together. He's getting open and getting his shot off much better already.

I think it would come together more if the players wouldn't force feed him the puck. It's like they see him, covered or not, and just pass the puck and hand cuff him half the time. The other times he's wide open, and no one notices!

As he's getting better. I think the team needs to find a way to make that shot available. Passing it just because he happens to be near the top of the circle doesn't = a scoring chance. Especially if he's covered.

What really has impressed me about Pulks is his ability to play without the puck. Not only that, when he does have the puck, and not shooting, he's smart with his plays.
Once it all comes together, he's going to be more than just the holy slapper, IMO. Although, that will most likely be his bread and butter.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This team is so resilient. You can never count them out. They can be outplayed, on their heels, off their game, trailing..and turn it around in minutes to win. Loving that ability in this group.

Monster had a great game I think. 2 unfortunate goals and 1 unstoppable. He was clutch in the 3rd especially. Some tough PKs on which he was fantastic.

Abdelkader, Monster and Marchenko were my stars. Sheahan was also good.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
Great game out of Monster again!

Marchenko has been my favorite defensive prospect for a while now, I was really hoping he'd make the team out of camp. Kid has ice in his veins. Never expected him to snipe one on Rinne though!

Gave Miller the third star. Nice game out of him all around.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Wow. Do Tatar and Smith not get along or something?

Well Tats had just got a minor penalty for nothing much, then Smith got one of those soft-but-obvious penalties. I think his ire is for the refs.

I'd love to see Nyquist get on a roll

Me too. I thought he was terrible yesterday, looked like he did against the Bruins in the playoffs when he had zero space to operate in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad