Post-Game Talk: I typed James Neal into my phone

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Babcock had some high praise for Marchenko in the post-game. Said he was real intelligent with the puck and doesn't seem to ever been on the returning end of bad defensive breakdowns (paraphrasing).

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
Didn't see much of Pav tonight. Except from the play on the PPG, he was pretty invisible most of the time, especially in the first two.

I personally didn't think he was invisible. He didn't per se do anything too flashy...he had that one sick takeaway during the second that really stood out. I think over all he kind of played a solid under the radar game.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
It would be cool of Marchenko could be a main-stay on this team for a long time... a lot, beforehand, was against that... Russian factor, injury-prone during junior days, 7th rounder... Was it HÃ¥kan that selected him?

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
I really think the Wings should make a move. Lets go for it. We only got a couple more years of Dats and Z.
Yup. A solid deal for a d-man and this team is ready to roll. Pav is gonna be 37, Hank 35...Babcock may not even be coaching here next season. Go all in.

Jusek

Dec 2, 2009
Marchenko's goal was a beauty, didn't know he could shoot the puck like that. And against Rinne of all goalies.

Overclass*

Good game for Smith, penalties on him were ********. Seemed to have upped his game past 3-4 games. Maybe sensing the heat of possibly being trade bait.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
5th road game in 8 days, helm injured, going on the 3rd period trailing 3-2 with 11 forwards, against the best team in the league.

What happens?

Wings win 3-4.

Nothing surprises me anymore with this team. They _know_ what it takes to win.

Get the Cup back.

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
I noticed him on a couple of their powerplays, but otherwise not so much. Not necessarily a bad thing for a D who was tagged as being underwhelming defensively by many. I personally don't think a ton of him but I can't deny his stat line looks good this year. Glad Holland didn't give a 1st for him still.

You're right. I just remember hearing his name in the 3rd and thinking, "Oh yeah, he's on Nashville now." Glad too. Didn't want him.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
I've never quite understood the Wings' tendency to let great point men bomb away without playing a little higher on them. It used to drive me crazy with guys like MacInnis and Pronger.

I remember it seemed like MacInnis was good for a goal a game against the wings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad