I Say Look into Trading Leddy (Only in a Package for a Need)

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Are you going to get anything of equal value back trading Leddy as the only piece?

No.

Is it possible to fill a need by sending the offer off to a new level by including Leddy in the package?

Yes.

I like Leddy. However, he's soft. He is such an effortless skater, but it is effortless for crash-and-bang forwards and guys with decent work along the boards to muscle him off the puck and sustain offensive possession. I also believe he's a promising young player. The Hawks have a lot of respectable defenseman. You have Leddy, Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, Oduya, Montador, Brookbank, and Rozsival. There is no such thing as too much depth. That's eight guys, though. One is expendable. When you have a need like a top-six forward and can spare a defenseman, I would not shed a tear if they had to include Leddy.

Thoughts?

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I'm a Leddy fan, so I wouldn't like to. He's probably one of my five favorite players on the squad.

Oh_so_saad

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle
nice package deal with kane, krueger, hjalmerson, frolik and hossa(cuz he is old and injury prone and contract is apparently to high.

Just trade all that seem to be be hated on the forum all for a first round pick

yes im trollin

throw in olesz too

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
I'm a Leddy fan, so I wouldn't like to. He's probably one of my five favorite players on the squad.

I just don't think he's good enough to be worth keeping if he can get us a serious need. If you could get Bobby Ryan if you threw in Leddy, due to the depth, would you pass?

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
All of this recent Leddy trade talk is nuts. Chicago fans, welcome your new PMD, Joooooooooooohny Odoooooooooya

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
nice package deal with kane, krueger, hjalmerson, frolik and hossa(cuz he is old and injury prone and contract is apparently to high.

Just trade all that seem to be be hated on the forum all for a first round pick

yes im trollin

throw in olesz too

I don't hate Leddy. You are trying to be funny and witty, and to be honest, it's pretty stupid. I would not trade Leddy for a 1st.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
All of this recent Leddy trade talk is nuts. Chicago fans, welcome your new PMD, Joooooooooooohny Odoooooooooya

Let me clarify something: Leddy is a promising young player. He is not who I believe should be the odd man out or anything. I just think that Leddy isn't as valuable of a piece. If you keep Leddy instead of pulling the trigger that would solidify a major need, I think it's dumb.

Also changed the title so it doesn't look like I'm a Leddy hater who wants him shipped out of town.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
in all honesty what would u trade for leddy? 1st plus or fowards to potentiall fill 2c?

I don't think you are going to get your value back trading him alone. I would not trade him alone unless someone offered us something you can't refuse.

I was thinking like a Leddy and Teuvo package (probably add a little) for Bobby Ryan is a situation in which I would trade Leddy. Leddy for a 1st or any of that is not wise, in my opinion.

Oh_so_saad

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle
I don't think you are going to get your value back trading him alone. I would not trade him alone unless someone offered us something you can't refuse.

I was thinking like a Leddy and Teuvo package (probably add a little) for Bobby Ryan is a situation in which I would trade Leddy. Leddy for a 1st or any of that is not wise, in my opinion.

i would love to see ryan in blackhawks jersery. however will never happen i dont think

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I just don't think he's good enough to be worth keeping if he can get us a serious need. If you could get Bobby Ryan if you threw in Leddy, due to the depth, would you pass?

Ryan? I'm a big fan of him, too. You're bustin' my balls here man. :laugh:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I would be OK with it as long as we got a legit #2C back. Like Plekanec, or Getzlaf type.

Trading Leddy doesn't leave as big of a hole as #2 C does.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
I'd offer up Saad before I offered up Leddy. Do you see one other defenseman capable of stepping into our top four, or even growing into our top four?

The way I see our defense:

Keith, Seabrook
Leddy
A whole bunch of bottom pairing defensemen and potential bottom pairing defensemen.

Getting rid of our only young, established defender with top pairing upside is a silly idea.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
I'd offer up Saad before I offered up Leddy. Do you see one other defenseman capable of stepping into our top four, or even growing into our top four?

Keith, Seabrook
Leddy
A whole bunch of bottom pairing defensemen and potential bottom pairing defensemen.

Getting rid of our only young, established defender with top pairing upside is a silly idea.

Getting rid of him alone is stupid, but I wouldn't pass up the chance to get Ryan or Weiss. No way.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
Scoring is not a problem on this team. It's keeping the puck out of the net. I don't know why people chub for Stephen Weiss. I wouldn't trade Leddy straight up for Weiss because the marginal increase in scoring would be vastly outweighed by the massive hole left on defense.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Scoring is not a problem on this team. It's keeping the puck out of the net. I don't know why people chub for Stephen Weiss. I wouldn't trade Leddy straight up for Weiss because the marginal increase in scoring would be vastly outweighed by the massive hole left on defense.

Leddy isn't helping the defense on the defensive side of the game, Weiss is fairly good defensively as a forward, and gives us incredible depth at C.

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
What is going on here.

We have basically the same group of forwards that scored 248 goals last year (2nd in the West, 5th in the entire league). And yet what we need is another forward?

:laugh: :laugh:

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Keith, Seabrook
Leddy

Yeah maybe.... in 3 or 4 years. Certainly not now.

If Stan is hell bent on keeping JO, and it seems he is, Leddy becomes expendable. Would I like to see it? NO. What I'd like to see is to keep Leddy in RFD, get a REAL coach in there that can teach him how to play defense and if you want to trade one of our butterball dmen, trade Oduya. Leddy has youth on his side, but it's disappointing that he hasn't progressed in his defensive game. Maybe it's more disinterest in playing in the AHL than anything but he does not look like a player ready to take on a top 4 role with Chicago anytime soon.

On another note, Leddy would likely have the interest of several GMs and if packaged out, could fetch a genuine 2nd line centerman or a goalie to challenge Crawford for the starting job in net. Back to you Stan. What are you going to do?

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Meh, it's the Rozsival/Montador/Oduya/Brookbanks who I don't want to stick around. I would much rather keep Leddy/Hammer because Leddy is improving and roster turnover on defense, in my mind, leads to some inconsistency every year. It'd be nice to have 4-5 Dmen who are guaranteed for the next five years.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012

Leddy does very little in regards to keeping the puck out of the net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad