2. Legwand: not loving Mule on that line but #17 had a good game
3. Gustavsson: was brutal early but made a few quality saves

Keep it up boys :yo:

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
It's plays like Miller at the end of the game that can continue your strive for the playoffs or single handily ruin your chance to make the playoffs. The dude has been lights out for his role the past dozen or so games.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
It's plays like Miller at the end of the game that can continue your strive for the playoffs or single handily ruin your chance to make the playoffs. The dude has been lights out for his role the past dozen or so games.

Yep. One or two bad shifts on the pk could cost the season. They have to bring it every shift for here on out.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
This team makes no sense whatsoever. Maybe that's a good sign, because they didn't make any sense last year either and they went on a pretty good run...

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I thought Helm was the best player on the ice.

Helm
Nyquist
Gustavsson

We finally beat Bolts. Bishop started all 5 games vs Wings and was a star in 1st 4, but we finally solved him tonight.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I thought Helm was the best player on the ice.

Helm
Nyquist
Gustavsson

We finally beat Bolts. Bishop started all 5 games vs Wings and was a star in 1st 4, but we finally solved him tonight.

He was still pretty good last night - wonder goal from Nyquist, rebound he still nearly stopped, and a deflection. And he handles the puck like a 3rd defenceman, so hard to get in and establish the forecheck on him.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Went with
Helm
Legwand
Mule - thought he was really taking the puck to the net all game
Could easily have went with Gus Nike or Gus the Goaler as well; solid game by the 4th line and the D as well. Smith's bad-bounce giveaway to Filppula was brutal. Flip looked great, still miss watching him 82+ times per year :(
Knew gudas played hard and physically, but his sneaky elbows to the head are dirtbag dirty in a Rinaldo, Downie, Neal sort of way.

Tatar had 3 scoring chances from between the circles and went wide left on all three of them! Come on kid, hit the net, you cost me my fantasy playoffs as I lost by 1 shot on goal!

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Alfredsson just keep being terrible. Turnovers after turnovers. We can get so much better forward with that 5M. Or also we can waste that money for some solid Dman because we have so much legit forward prospects that someone can take that Alffie's spot.

You can't defend him "He can't score now when he plays with plugs. He scored when he played with Dastyuk"
Cause he had his change with Legwand and Franzen. And he was still garbage.
And ANYONE scores with Pavel.

He had an assist today, was +1, had 0 givaways, and played less than 9 1/2 minutes. and is scoring at a .71 ppg pace which is better than 50% of us thought he would do and as good as any of us hoped.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
He was still pretty good last night - wonder goal from Nyquist, rebound he still nearly stopped, and a deflection. And he handles the puck like a 3rd defenceman, so hard to get in and establish the forecheck on him.

He is so irritating. He scared me to death with his attempt to stop Andersson, I thought he had it. Fortunately it went in.
On TSN they called Nyquist's goal the best goal of the year.:amazed::yo:
I think Franzen has to play with Nyquist. Nyquist inspires Franzen and those 2 together give us that offensive threat we badly need.
I still think that Helm was the best player on the ice. He did not get any points, but he was the best player on the ice. I also thought this was Legwand's best game.

I think this is top 3 victory if not the biggest victory of the season. Yet just 2 pages. Where is everybody?

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Alfredsson just keep being terrible. Turnovers after turnovers. We can get so much better forward with that 5M. Or also we can waste that money for some solid Dman because we have so much legit forward prospects that someone can take that Alffie's spot.

You can't defend him "He can't score now when he plays with plugs. He scored when he played with Dastyuk"

Alfie have been somewhere between poor and great. Garbage he is certainly not, not if you look at the season as a whole instead of focusing on a bad game here and there. Then of course 5M is a pretty large salary, but its not easy to find BETTER players than Alfredsson CHEAPER in the free agent market. All in all it has been a pretty good signing. I certainly wouldnt want him off the team at this point!

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
He is so irritating. He scared me to death with his attempt to stop Andersson, I thought he had it. Fortunately it went in.
I think Franzen has to play with Nyquist. Nyquist inspires Franzen and those 2 together give us that offensive threat we badly need.
I still think that Helm was the best player on the ice. He did not get any points, but he was the best player on the ice. I also thought this was Legwand's best game.

I think this is top 3 victory if not the biggest victory of the season. Yet just 2 pages. Where is everybody?

Didn't Helm get an assist on Andersson's goal?

Voted for Nike, Leggy and Gus.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden

Website was having troubles when the game ended yesterday.. that's probably why theres only 2 pages I would guess.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Alfie have been somewhere between poor and great. Garbage he is certainly not, not if you look at the season as a whole instead of focusing on a bad game here and there. Then of course 5M is a pretty large salary, but its not easy to find BETTER players than Alfredsson CHEAPER in the free agent market. All in all it has been a pretty good signing. I certainly wouldnt want him off the team at this point!

Alfredsson's 17-year experience and added leadership is ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS why our kids are so good right now.

Nobody should ever underestimate that thing. Determing a player value is NOT ONLY WHAT HAPPENS ON THE ICE.

Off-ice influence from former superstar captains is very very important thing overall in team sport. They are like extra coaches who know how things should be done.

Kids will learn from the best and you see the results.

One example:

Rookie-Lidström learned first NHL-routines from NHL-veteran Brad McCimmon, how to be a pro. Then he learned offensive things from one of the best offensive defenceman ever (Paul Coffey). And last phase in his growth to greatness he learned from Larry Murphy, another Hall-of-Famer. Rest was history.

7 Norris Trophies.

Last edited:

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

45 points in 63 games is hardly garbage.

danincanada

Feb 11, 2008
I thought it was one of the best efforts of the season. The first period especially was impressive.

Nyquist not giving up on that play was amazing. It would have been so easy wait for the penalty call but instead he found a way to spin and bury it. That's a special player.

I wonder if Alfie is playing hurt or is he just losing a step before our eyes. He looks okay at times but he has mostly struggled lately. Which brings up another point, who the heck sits when Datsyuk comes back?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I thought it was one of the best efforts of the season. The first period especially was impressive.

Nyquist not giving up on that play was amazing. It would have been so easy wait for the penalty call but instead he found a way to spin and bury it. That's a special player.

I wonder if Alfie is playing hurt or is he just losing a step before our eyes. He looks okay at times but he has mostly struggled lately. Which brings up another point, who the heck sits when Datsyuk comes back?
Gotta be Andersson. That is unless someone else gets injured, I wouldn't hold my breath on this team managing to stay healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad