Post-Game Talk: I love everything about this team right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
If they're getting in, they're getting as a wild card and right now, why would Boston or Pittsburgh want a piece of these guys?

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Stop it. Look what happened to toronto after the one idiot posted that thread in the main board. We are going good right now but nothing is set in stone until we clinch a spot.

Actually is our magic number 10 if washington loses tonight?

Last edited:

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
We're looking good. Everything is starting to roll. Most of the team's looking solid, even Andersson. Nyquist is leading this team. Bring back Datsyuk and I think we're ready for the Penguins(hopefully we draw the penguins.) (hopefully we make the playoffs)

Nyquist, Andersson, Monster. HM to Helm and Franzen though. and let's hear it for the defense for looking pretty solid the last 2 games.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I voted Gus, Legwand and Lashoff. Nobody ever votes for Lashoff so I did him a solid

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Good game from the wings and they especially overcame some pretty brutal officiating.

Nyquist obviously had a nasty goal and hes seriously showing those flashes of skill and doing things Nyquist did at the same age. He could be a beast. I also thought Smith had a strong game once again, out at the end of the game making a couple big shot blocks as well.

Kronwall had that nice hit but one thing bothered me. Glendening is right there and Callahan is a good player. Glendening should step in and take one of the other teams best players off the ice for five. Being a pest is great but the best way to get in another teams head is take their top guys off for five mins. If he would do that he would become even more valuable.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
How about that, Glendening and Miller got the most ice time of any forwards.

Well, thanks to the terribad reffing, we were on the PK a *ton* this game. That's always gonna boost their minutes.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
I think it would take a massive collapse at this point for them not to make the playoffs.

You should see the Leafs thread of the same title that was made about two weeks ago. :laugh:

Granted I think we're in a better position, but I'm not going to get too comfortable until we've secured a spot or have pulled away from WSH / TOR substantially.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Good game from the wings and they especially overcame some pretty brutal officiating.

Nyquist obviously had a nasty goal and hes seriously showing those flashes of skill and doing things Nyquist did at the same age. He could be a beast. I also thought Smith had a strong game once again, out at the end of the game making a couple big shot blocks as well.

Kronwall had that nice hit but one thing bothered me. Glendening is right there and Callahan is a good player. Glendening should step in and take one of the other teams best players off the ice for five. Being a pest is great but the best way to get in another teams head is take their top guys off for five mins. If he would do that he would become even more valuable.

I think Babs wanted him to shadow Stamko's. also stammer was pretty quiet all night

NyquistIsMyGod*

Darren Helm was the best player in this game IMO. Wasn't close either.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I think Babs wanted him to shadow Stamko's. also stammer was pretty quiet all night

Thats one thing I did like about Glendening and Abby tonight. Glenny had Stamkos punching him in the head at one point. Glendening gets other teams stars so rattled its great, I just wanna see him take one off for 5 mins with him sometime. Abdelkader also pulled Stamkos right out of that scrum and went right after him. Thats what those guys need to do.

What Cherry was saying about the wings being soft to play against is pretty true, but even just getting Abdelkader back makes a difference. Come playoffs a line with Abby and Glendening could be pretty nasty to play against

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad