Confirmed with Link: I like you guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Apparently Julius Caesar, Caligula and Nero all at their time planned to have the Corinth Canal dug out, but got whacked before they got around to it.

The Corinthian mob is dead serious about you not messing their trading setup by by-passing them.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Apparently Julius Caesar, Caligula and Nero all at their time planned to have the Corinth Canal dug out, but got whacked before they got around to it.

The Corinthian mob is dead serious about you not messing their trading setup by by-passing them.

And they make some rich Corinthian Leather, which really isn't a thing, but when Ricardo Montalban said it, it sounded impressive.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I migrated to Xenforo and all I got was this lousy trophy
I go to a Led Zeppelin cover band concert and the band doesn't understand my "does anyone remember Jeff K" scream. The feeling when.

Disclaimer: I grew up with Thresh's Firing Squad, SlackerCentral, Dimension3D, and the uppity Slashdot and Beyond3D. Hopefully they didn't survive.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
And they make some rich Corinthian Leather, which really isn't a thing, but when Ricardo Montalban said it, it sounded impressive.
Cue to me reading about the Nativity Stone Cross, and learning that the supposed barn Jesus was born in was likely a cavern because they didn't have enough wood to go around in Betlehem to waste it on building animal shelters whereas they got plenty of caverns.

On the minus side, the humble career choice of a carpenter just became a lot less impressive. "Jay, we've used up our daily quota of wood. Let's lay about in the sun for the afternoon."

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Haven't checked this thread in a while. Thought I'd stop by. What the hell are you guys talking about? Reading through like 7 posts I'm already confused.

maxresdefault.jpg

Man look, I hear you... it's funny to me too, I mean it's strange... it's strange to me too, but we're talking about likes man, we're not even talking about the posts... the actual posts, when it matters... We're talking about likes…

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
That's not really looking in the linguistic evidence, is it? Montalban is clearly Romance while Drebin must be Germanic, and now I'm losing track with these Proto Indo European, non Finnic lingos. hi hi hi

The proto-Urals got the *kala, the PIE folks got their *(s)k(w)alos, there's something fishy there alright.

Then the creative bastards go and make squals and whales and whatnot from theirs.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I'm a 30-year avid Zeppelin fan and I don't understand that, either. I get "does anyone remember laughter?", but not Jeff K.
Jeff K was a big Internet parody before Facebook or Twitter. I don't remember who maintained it. Probably flushed out of the big caches long ago, so nowhere to be found. Basically a parody of young dweebs being sudden webmasters. At times it was funnier than reading old Bastard Operator From Hell episodes. FML

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka, the guy behind Something Awful.
Lowtax was definitely with SlackerCentral! SomethingAwful may well have followed. I even followed the funny but mostly accurate Demerjian to SemiAccurate before I gave up the video card and processor wars. (P6 won, Athlons ruled in between, IBM didn't match the little ones until POWER7, and Matrox with a Sony Trinitron or Mitsu Diamondtron tube was heaven, okay?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad