Post-Game Talk: I like Nyquist and our PK

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Howard with a great effort. Nyquist, well, he's the man. Zetterberg was all over, too. Sheahan looked primed to score.

Overall good effort.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
They sat back a little more than I would have liked in the 3rd, but 2 points is 2 points.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
That can't be. Howard doesn't make big saves.

I thought JHowww was the number one star. He only had two instances where I felt he could have done better. He could have at least attempted a save on the breakaway, I've seen pylons be more effective. And he couldn't find the puck after a harmless shot which lead to the Lashoff penalty.

Besides those two things, I thought he was lights out and far away our best player.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
... and every single team we're competing with won tonight. Ridiculous.

Meh. Every team we're competing against is going to win several more games before the season is over. One night doesn't matter. The stretch is what matters.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I like watching this team play.

I hated the team we had at the start of the year.

CanadaIsIrrelevant

Mar 20, 2011
Sweden
Originally Posted by WesNichols14:
Why isn't Jimmy Ericsson in the NHL? if he's good enough for the Olympics he should be good enough for the NHL. right?

They probably picked Jimmie Ericsson because it looks good on paper to have someone from SHL and also he's cheap to have in the press box when we play.
He will most likely not play so much in the Olympics.

And also:
1. Nyquist
2. Alfredsson
3. Zetterberg

HM: Sheahan, Howard, Jurco, Tatar, Datsyuk

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I like watching this team play.

I hated the team we had at the start of the year.

Yup. Nyquist has 14 now, had he started the season with the Wings he may have near 20 and Tatar may have had more. If only the Wings had the third line as Tatar-Joker-Nyquist to start the season.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Yup. Nyquist has 14 now, had he started the season with the Wings he may have near 20 and Tatar may have had more. If only the Wings had the third line as Tatar-Joker-Nyquist to start the season.

We'd also probably be top three in the division and not fighting for the second wild card spot.

How are those veteran signings the past two years working out you say? Alfie, highly skilled player coming to the UFA market, good sign. Bertuzzi, slow with little left in the tank, no good. Cleary....enough said. Sammy, slow and lost his on ice vision a few seasons ago and oft injured, no good. Weiss, I'll let you know at the end of the season when he is healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad