Post-Game Talk: "I know what every players knob looks like" Jets lose 3-2 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixty Minute Man

Apr 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Mb
Yeah, can't fault Pavs on any of the goals really. Second one was bouncing around and it looked like one of the Nashville players had a clear shot so Pavs positioned himself to save the closer shot, but then it bounced past that player and went further back and was shot quickly by Hornqvist so Pavs was too deep in his net. He played the first shot right and didn't have time to recover and come further out when that player missed it. Unfortunate.

Third one was on Kane and was just a really good shot, likely wouldn't have been saved at the other end if it had played out the same but people will blame Pavs for it anyways.

Pavelec needs to control his rebounds.

Sixty Minute Man

Apr 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Mb
Actually there was an article in the Metro questioning him, I was surprised because like you said you don't hear much criticism of him.

Haven't read that article, but every time I hear a comment on the radio or read an article where there is some small criticism of Pavelec, they end the discussion with a "but if the team played better in front of him" or some other cliche comment that puts the blame elsewhere. They'll be super critical of every player, except Pavelec and I don't understand this.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
Yeah, can't fault Pavs on any of the goals really. Second one was bouncing around and it looked like one of the Nashville players had a clear shot so Pavs positioned himself to save the closer shot, but then it bounced past that player and went further back and was shot quickly by Hornqvist so Pavs was too deep in his net. He played the first shot right and didn't have time to recover and come further out when that player missed it. Unfortunate.

Third one was on Kane and was just a really good shot, likely wouldn't have been saved at the other end if it had played out the same but people will blame Pavs for it anyways.

Second one was off a juicy rebound Pavelec gave out, you're right that the other two were in scoring positions, but he gets paid to be a goaltender. Sure it's a high percentage shot, but the percentage isn't 100%. Even still, you could take some kind of accountability for it and not just throw your team under the bus, the pucks are going to take an odd bounce sometimes, you have to be able to stop it when it does. It just doesn't seem right for the coach to talk about accountability and have most of the team do it yet when Pavelec gets interviewed he blames everyone who isn't him.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Haven't read that article, but every time I hear a comment on the radio or read an article where there is some small criticism of Pavelec, they end the discussion with a "but if the team played better in front of him" or some other cliche comment that puts the blame elsewhere. They'll be super critical of every player, except Pavelec and I don't understand this.

This x 1000.

JetsTrueNorth

Feb 16, 2013
Yep, Buff was trying to save it and had a bad bounce. Kane should have flipped it to centre ice, Wheeler was up there.

You're right Kane screwed up the pass, but Kane was playing defence, after Buff decided to be a forward for a few seconds and got caught pinching AGAIN. I feel bad for any player on the ice playing with Buff, cause you never really know where he'll be or what he's doing.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Thought the Jets played pretty well...despite the incessant line juggling. Mind you, I missed the first half of the third period.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Yeah it was a super juicy rebound. Like a Starburst, or a Juicy Fruit. I mean he wasn't incredibly bad and did make a beauty of a wraparound save, but you gotta own up to that juicy rebound. That's what I didn't like about him today, moreso than the goals themselves.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
You're right Kane screwed up the pass, but Kane was playing defence, after Buff decided to be a forward for a few seconds and got caught pinching AGAIN. I feel bad for any player on the ice playing with Buff, cause you never really know where he'll be or what he's doing.

It's 4 on 4. Forwards are going to play D and D are going to pinch.

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
Obviously Pavelec lost the game for the Jets. Any goalie who doesn't get a shutout every night is ****ing terrible. Montoya is therefore the best goalie in the league.

arby18

Jun 12, 2010
Ha ha. Pavelec throwing his teammates under the bus is priceless.

He should take a look in the mirror (or at his stats).

wpgJetsfan

Dec 24, 2010
Obviously Pavelec lost the game for the Jets. Any goalie who doesn't get a shutout every night is ****ing terrible. Montoya is therefore the best goalie in the league.

Correction, any goalie who lets in 3+ goals per game is terrible in today's NHL.

Sixty Minute Man

Apr 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Mb
Ha ha. Pavelec throwing his teammates under the bus is priceless.

He should take a look in the mirror (or at his stats).

I wonder how much he affects the teams confidence? I certainly wouldn't feel confident playing in front of him and I would find his attitude difficult to ignore.

White Out 403*

Strawman. We aren't asking for shutouts were asking for a goaltender not languishing in 40th place for save percentage: the worst of any starter in the league.

bazaaa*

Yeah it was a super juicy rebound. Like a Starburst, or a Juicy Fruit. I mean he wasn't incredibly bad and did make a beauty of a wraparound save, but you gotta own up to that juicy rebound. That's what I didn't like about him today, moreso than the goals themselves.

I'm a Pavs supporter but that was a brutal rebound. Just seemed like a lazy save.

Nashville played a good game though. Very physical game. That's how Jets should play all the time.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
Have to give some love for Anthony Peluso. He's looking less and less like an unskilled face puncher and more like a guy who can actually play an energy role. It's nice to see a 4th liner that will consistently win board battles and plays with a bit more creativity as opposed to "dump, chase, cycle, repeat".

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Beyak and Engblom seem to have a crush on Pavelec. Drives me crazy as they defend him every game. "Another strong game for Pavelec".

But, at least here, almost everyone sees the real story. Even the Pavelec supporters are wavering. Here's a few samples from the past hour...

"I mean he wasn't incredibly bad"

"I didn't mind the way Pavelec played too much."

"Sure they were all save-able but I think pavs played not bad"

"I didn't think Pavs was that bad tonight."

You know your team's goaltending is in trouble when this is the best praise out there.

Gotmilt*

Jun 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Funny, last time I checked, when you turn over the puck in the slot players in the NHL, believe it or not put the puck in the net.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad