Post-Game Talk: "I know what every players knob looks like" Jets lose 3-2 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Frolik has been okay I guess; Other than the 2 goal game in the first game of the season, he has 4 pts in 10 games.
Seto is the most disappointing; after his 3 pt night in the home opener, he has only 2 pts in 9 games (no wonder he got scratched). As for Ladd, I guess I expected more from him due to his production in the past but looking at his stats, he is doing alright. I definitely agree that little has been good.

The line juggling has to stop at some piont. Noel can't expect to get some chemistry going if he constantly juggles the lines each game.

I think it might stay with LLS and KSW for a bit. The skaters are playing well...on the cusp of stringing together wins. The problem is that 'well' isn't going to be good enough to cut it in the Central, which at this stage, looks like it could be the most competitive out of the four. Can we swap into the Metropolitan division please?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Why do I have to post this again?

Since when has every thread devolved into what we should and should not be posting about? We are taking every discussion horribly OT with it.

- In the PGT and GDT's, talk about coaching and goaltending is completely on topic. If there are particular posters who are harping on something and you can't handle it, then just IGNORE them. If there is a thread topic that is something you are not interested in, IGNORE IT. If so many people are talking about a particular subject, guess what? It's most likely a hot button topic that has a lot of relevance. That is why we are here.

From now on, posts that are not on topic for a thread will be deleted. This includes but is not limited to:

- Commenting on how many people are talking about a certain subject, or how annoyed you are that they are talking about it.

- Commenting on certain posters styles, subject matter of their posts, etc.

STAY ON TOPIC! As annoyed as you may be with a subject you feel is being beaten like a dead horse, complaining about it is not helping. As a matter of fact, it makes this forum more unreadable.

Use the tools given to you to make these boards as enjoyable as possible: Ignore poster, Ignore thread, Report Post. They are all your friends.

Thank you.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
With regards to our current D pairings, I am I the opinion that Buff and Toby are making it easier on Clitsome and Bogo respectively as well as making them look better.

Buff and Toby are playing like #1 defensemen right now. NSH had as much of an answer against Enstrom as we did for Weber.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
With regards to our current D pairings, I am I the opinion that Buff and Toby are making it easier on Clitsome and Bogo respectively as well as making them look better.

Buff and Toby are playing like #1 defensemen right now. NSH had as much of an answer against Enstrom as we did for Weber.

Yup. I think this is a good thing, TBH: if the play of Clitsome and Bogo can be elevated, doesn't that make our top 4 that much stronger?

Enstrom was very solid yesterday. I love his body positioning vs. bigger players (IE: all of them :) ), and his ability to very calmly pivot to give himself more room when being pursued is crazy good. He's so sneaky.

Wish he'd shoot a bit more. Although, whenever he does, I feel like yelling "Fore!" - that darned hockey stick is so long. :D

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Yup. I think this is a good thing, TBH: if the play of Clitsome and Bogo can be elevated, doesn't that make our top 4 that much stronger?

Enstrom was very solid yesterday. I love his body positioning vs. bigger players (IE: all of them :) ), and his ability to very calmly pivot to give himself more room when being pursued is crazy good. He's so sneaky.

Wish he'd shoot a bit more. Although, whenever he does, I feel like yelling "Fore!" - that darned hockey stick is so long. :D

Meh, PGA tour pros use longer drivers than the rest of us schmucks, so I just think of Toby like that. He can handle it and if he gets 30 extra yards out of it, so much the better. :naughty:

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
Pains me to say it but its because both clubs have pretty similar talent and one team plays smart and hard every night and the other doesn't. The stupid frickin Leafs have more heart than we do right now and that sucks balls.

The Leafs aren't better than the Jets because they have more heart, they're better than the Jets because they have more talent. I think the only aspect of the game you could say the Jets beat the Leafs in is in back end. But JVR, Kadri, Lupul and Kessel are better than Little, Wheeler, Kane and Ladd. Reimer and Bernier are both much better than Pavelec. I don't think the Jets lose because of lack of heart, they seem genuinely upset they're losing. They're like the bombers, they don't lose due to a lack of heart, they lose because the team isn't very talented.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
The Leafs aren't better than the Jets because they have more heart, they're better than the Jets because they have more talent. I think the only aspect of the game you could say the Jets beat the Leafs in is in back end. But JVR, Kadri, Lupul and Kessel are better than Little, Wheeler, Kane and Ladd. Reimer and Bernier are both much better than Pavelec. I don't think the Jets lose because of lack of heart, they seem genuinely upset they're losing. They're like the bombers, they don't lose due to a lack of heart, they lose because the team isn't very talented.

Agreed, the Leafs are a better team than they get credit for, and a lot of that comes down to the fact that they're the Leafs. Sometimes it's hard to give credit to something that you hate so much. That roster is better than this roster.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Agreed, the Leafs are a better team than they get credit for, and a lot of that comes down to the fact that they're the Leafs. Sometimes it's hard to give credit to something that you hate so much. That roster is better than this roster.

QFT

I can't stand that the Leafs are a good team. They still will be losers since 1967 at the end of the season, but they're the Leafs! I hate that there are players I quite enjoy watching on that team, but I hate the Leafs. I love Lupul and JVR (even liked him when he played on Philly and I hate Philly more then I hate the Leafs. I LOATHE Philly) but it's hard to cheer for them because they play in the centre of the universe. Sadly they are better then the Jets and do have more talent. However, I don't think the Leafs will win the cup in my lifetime (neither will the Canucks) but I think the Jets will because they're building their team the right way. Burke helped both the Leafs and Canucks turn around and was lucky enough to have a Ducks team with fantastic goaltending thrown in his face, but he didn't leave either team in a great spot to win anything in the playoffs. To me the Leafs seem like a great regular season team and not a team built for the playoffs. But again, that could be my Leaf hating bias talking.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

As much as become more of an Enstrom fan over the last year or so, there is no way you can compare him to what Weber brings to the table. Weber is a combination of the best qualities of our top 3 defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad