Post-Game Talk: I just looked up clutch in the dictionary and Darren's helm ugly mug showed up

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Tampa's doing really well right now. Will be tough. Only hope is that they slow down a bit now that they don't have a lot to play for.

Bishop was in net tonight against Buffalo, So most likely Lindback will be in net tomorrow or I hope so. We possibly might have a chance to beat them tomorrow! But like you said Tampa Bay is playing extremely well right now and has beaten Detroit so far in the games played, Hope we can at least get 1 point so we can take the 4th wild card spot from Columbus at least for a day or so.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
for all the (deserved) beating andersson gets, i have to give him credit today. he worked hard before the first two helm goals. on first goal he gets the puck to helm and on the 2nd one he wins the key battle by using his body. i want to see more of this andersson, winning key battles and using his body.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
This was posted by a Leafs fan in another forum I post in. He posted this as a response to a comment I made lamenting the failures of our beloved Red Wings a few days back. I feel bad for the Toronto fans but I am so happy Detroit pulled this one out.

BjdTzaECUAAkiFv.jpg:medium

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
3 horse race now with Columbus and the Wings as the favorites. Let's close it out.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Dekeyser was solid tonight. Played like a #1 dman should (get healthy kronner pretty please). Gus solid goal. And holy ****ing **** what the hell got into helmers diet tonight? He should continue to eat it.

Howard actually made some timely saves tonight. However went over to nhl.com today and noticed in the preview James Reimer has better #'s this year :( .

FadedWingsFan

Jan 28, 2013
Vancouver BC
Dekeyser was solid tonight. Played like a #1 dman should (get healthy kronner pretty please). Gus solid goal. And holy ****ing **** what the hell got into helmers diet tonight? He should continue to eat it.

Howard actually made some timely saves tonight. However went over to nhl.com today and noticed in the preview James Reimer has better #'s this year :( .

I thought dekeyser was good defensively aswell. But offensively we need to get him off that powerplay there were like 2-3 passes where he just couldnt keep the puck on his stick. Who knows maybe his offense will develop lol.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I thought dekeyser was good defensively aswell. But offensively we need to get him off that powerplay there were like 2-3 passes where he just couldnt keep the puck on his stick. Who knows maybe his offense will develop lol.

He's second only to Kronwall for offense from the blue line.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Do you guys think Howard will start again tomorrow? Thanks.

No. Babcock confirmed Howard will be given a breather. With that being said, Monster could tweak his groin for the 100th time during the pregame skate so I wouldn't rule it out 100%.

Jussha

Jan 15, 2006
He's second only to Kronwall for offense from the blue line.

i think the point he was making is he's not really offensively gifted for the PP (only 3 pp points this season), and a lot of people here have been hoping someone like Smith, who most would agree is more suited to QBing a PP, get a chance in that spot, he seemed to get a chance near the end on a PP and didn't do a bad job managing puck distribution.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
This is my first post after having my Shanaban lifted.

Having said that...

****ing **** **** yes mother of God hallelujah

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
i think the point he was making is he's not really offensively gifted for the PP (only 3 pp points this season), and a lot of people here have been hoping someone like Smith, who most would agree is more suited to QBing a PP, get a chance in that spot, he seemed to get a chance near the end on a PP and didn't do a bad job managing puck distribution.

I get what you guys are saying. I'm not opposed to Smith getting a shot on the PP too. he can't be worse than Kindl. But I don't think DeKeyser looks bad on the PP either.

I think the structure of the PP is a problem and I think a lot of players stand around. Not a whole lot of work going on away from the puck carrier to get open and give options.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
First great win.

Second good luck tomorrow with tampa.

Third congrats to dangerous Darren Helm!!!!!!

Keep it up I would bet bishop is in net again cooper is trying to clinch as quickly as possible.

Bishop played well tonight for second time in like 12 games even though Tampa is on a point streak he has not played up to close to his standard he put out the rest of the season.

I will be rooting on your side tomorrow you need this a lot more than Tampa!! Get it done!!

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
for all the (deserved) beating andersson gets, i have to give him credit today. he worked hard before the first two helm goals. on first goal he gets the puck to helm and on the 2nd one he wins the key battle by using his body. i want to see more of this andersson, winning key battles and using his body.

He had some good and some bad.

The opening goal of the game was his fault. Instead of covering his man he tried to cover the other point man and left Franson wide open to take that shot.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I like when this happens

Nyquist stays hot, Smith had a game and the young guys played well. Sheahan and Tatar seemed to be buzzing all game

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Great team you guys have there in Detroit. Winning without Dats and Zetterberg isn't easy but they are doing it in style.

One thing though, I don't think Darren Helm is clutch...our team just sucks. Weiss would have gotten a hattrick tonight had he played.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Great team you guys have there in Detroit. Winning without Dats and Zetterberg isn't easy but they are doing it in style.

One thing though, I don't think Darren Helm is clutch...our team just sucks. Weiss would have gotten a hattrick tonight had he played.

Lol you haven't seen weiss play much in the past 2 years have you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad