Pre-Game Talk: I Have a Confession

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Not even sure why those fans deserve a send off, can you imagine a city being offered a privately funded entertainment district and no? The city of Edmonton paid 312 million dollars.

Arizona can **** off
Well, I’m old enough to remember how close we were to losing our team, so I can empathize strongly.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Warren Foegele needs one goal to reach 20 for the first time in his career. Evan Bouchard needs two goals to become the fourth Oilers defender with 20 goals. He’d join Paul Coffey (48, 40, 37, 29, 29) and Sheldon Souray (23) and Charlie Huddy (20). Ryan Nugent-Hopkins needs two goals to reach 20 goals for the 6th time in his career.

Okay Leon get your linemates the puck tonight

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Until the new and improved expansion Yotes rise from the ashes in a few years.
What would their new team name be?

The “Scottsdale Seance”?

The “Arizona Apparitions”?

The “Phoenix Phantoms”?

The “Sedona Souls”?

The “Mesa Mirage”?

Okay I’m done now

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I can understand "resting" Ceci/Nurse... But otherwise that's basically a full lineup.

Why?

One more game testing those top two lines since the last game is impossible to draw any conclusions from. Doubtful tonight is a great measure, but I'm sure the Coyotes will put up a much better fight for their last game in Arizona than the Sharks did, and possibly a bigger fight than even Colorado might muster up tomorrow as well.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I dont know if its getting older or what, but Im starting to put and hot sauce on EVERYTHING.
Maybe life is just so bitter and numbing that hot sauce is the only thing that makes me feel anything.

My inlaws noticed everything I put hot sauce on, is just a vessel for carrying more hotsauce be it popcorn, pizza.

So I took that as permission to drink half of my brother-in-laws sriracha bottle.

And I don't have some insane spicy tolerance. I'm addicted to the pain.
Nvm I feel like I told this story already

Last edited:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Not sure we have enough cap to sit too many out.

Some guys like McDavid, Draisaitl, Ekholm etc shouldn’t be playing though. Stupid risk.

Cap not an issue. It costs us like $8000 against the cap (or as much as $12K if it was Campbell) to call up a player with 2 days left in the year. The coach/GM just don't want to.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Not sure we have enough cap to sit too many out.

Some guys like McDavid, Draisaitl, Ekholm etc shouldn’t be playing though. Stupid risk.

They can't sit with everyone due to only having a limited # of call ups, but I do agree.

They've still got 2 more call up spots, there's no reason why Gags and one of Hamblin/Lavoie/Campbell shouldn't have also been on the plane with Broberg to ARI.

Reactions: bone

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Curious to see how Broberg-Stecher look.

Spicy take, BUT IF the Oiler's lack of footspeed on the blueline starts to get exposed, I wouldn't be surprised to see both in for Ceci and Vinny.

What that looks like:

Ekholm-Bouchard
Kulak-Nurse
Broberg-Stecher

Reactions: Oilhawks

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
They can't sit with everyone due to only having a limited # of call ups, but I do agree.

They've still got 2 more call up spots, there's no reason why Gags and one of Hamblin/Lavoie/Campbell shouldn't have also been on the plane with Broberg to ARI.

Yeah I wouldn’t of minded Lavoie and Pederson.

And Rodrigue in the last game (Campbell would be fine too but I think that ship has sailed).

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Yeah I wouldn’t of minded Lavoie and Pederson.

And Rodrigue in the last game (Campbell would be fine too but I think that ship has sailed).

When Skinner started vs. the Sharks, I was convinced he wasn't even boarding the plane to Arizona and the one of the two goalies were meeting them to backup one of the games and start the other.

That said, if Edmonton is confirmed as not playing until Monday as rumored, then I don't see as much an issue having Skinner play the extra game vs what everyone had assumed would be an equal split for the final 6 games.

Reactions: Dazed and Confused
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad