Post-Game Talk: I hate the Leafs

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Not sure why they wouldn't use Rasmussen or Bertuzzi or Soderblom (when healthy) in that role.
They had Raymond there when Sundqvist was out and he did just fine.

There are other options too, but my main point is that we need to have our most skilled forward (arguably) on the top unit. You could shift Perron to PP2, and have Raymond play that role on PP1, and then have Bert or Ras replace Sundqvist.

It was also weird that we were down a couple goals late with the goalie pulled, and Lalonde had Bert and Sundqvist on the ice with Raymond stapled to the bench. Ever since Raymond took 2 questionable calls 6 games ago, it seems as though Lalonde is limiting his opportunities.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
They had Raymond there when Sundqvist was out and he did just fine.

There are other options too, but my main point is that we need to have our most skilled forward (arguably) on the top unit. You could shift Perron to PP2, and have Raymond play that role on PP1, and then have Bert or Ras replace Sundqvist.

It was also weird that we were down a couple goals late with the goalie pulled, and Lalonde had Bert and Sundqvist on the ice with Raymond stapled to the bench. Ever since Raymond took 2 questionable calls 6 games ago, it seems as though Lalonde is limiting his opportunities.
1669751411057.png

Raymond is outproducing Perron, based on the minutes played.
But in terms of being on the ice for powerplay goals, Perron seems to be part of a more productive unit.
1669751544281.png

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I'd lend this some credence if he'd meshed with his partners elsewhere. Chiarot just doesn't mesh with NHL players.
:laugh:

Yea he's not even an NHLer, can't believe he played 25+ mins a night during a Stanley Cup run because he can't mesh with a single NHL player.

Back to the offseason talking points I see.

edit: take him off the first pair with Seider, cool, but let's not let hyperbole get in the way of things.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Well yeah he's been on PP1 the whole year, of course he's been on the more productive unit....

Without look at advanced stats, I'd bet that whichever guy is with Kubalik is the one that's more productive. Impressed with his hockey IQ and setup for the back door plays. I know he's set up both guys a couple of times, and also sets himself up for passes. I think he's the real #1 winger on this team, not just from the stats. He's what we all wanted Zadina to be.

Also, Raz at 2C is gonna be interesting. He's made huge improvements in every aspect of his game, but he's still a bit slow with puck decisions. Not sure he's gonna be any better than Copp as far as puck distribution. You look at guys like Raymond and Kubalik, they know what they're gonna do with the puck before they even touch it. Raz is not quite there yet, except on the cycle. Huge improvement there, he's not fumbling around with the puck in the corner anymore.

I think Fabbri will wind up being 2C before the end of the year, Bert/Fabbri/Raymond looked good last year when DBoss was hurt. Certainly better than how Copp looked, he looks like a 3rd line winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad