I am tired of the Zero Jersey replace it with the S Super Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolie

Sep 11, 2007
Dortmund
We are a laughing stock with the ZERO Heritage jersey.
Put an S instead.

sensaltlogocopy.png

BLnkL1I.gif

JessicaN

Sep 11, 2012
This forum is probably the worst place I can think of to complain about the Heritage Jersey. It was born right here...

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
Established teams with retro jerseys usually have some fans that are still alive and remember a version of the original(s). Ottawa not so much. Overall its a nice design but you get the impression they don't win much when wearing it.

I wouldn't mind seeing a modified version but more to highlight the numbers. Some player numbers are hard to read even on large projected image. So maybe a better contrast outline would help.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Established teams with retro jerseys usually have some fans that are still alive and remember a version of the original(s). Ottawa not so much.

So what, we get punished because we didn't have an NHL team back then?

I've always disliked that point (whenever it gets brought up, which is too often). We have a rich local hockey history in Ottawa, to ignore our city's heritage in the sport just because we didn't have one team in one league seems petty.

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
So what, we get punished because we didn't have an NHL team back then?

I've always disliked that point (whenever it gets brought up, which is too often). We have a rich local hockey history in Ottawa, to ignore our city's heritage in the sport just because we didn't have one team in one league seems petty.

The barber pole look may be historical but many fans of the modern team aren't in love with it. It might help explain why there is less of a buy-in because the association is not as strong with this generation. The pole look in the black version used by the Sens is not as pronounced but like it or not it still has to fight a degree of negativity from those looking for a more splashy modern look. I admit that it has grown on me a bit compared to the unveiling but it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see some modifications.

The standalone "O" adds a bit to the negativity. Boston has a B but it's in a crest. On their Heritage jersey they spell the name Boston. The "O" inside a crest would have looked better imo and it didn't have to be a centurion.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The barber pole look may be historical but many fans of the modern team aren't in love with it.

Wait, many fans aren't in love with it? Everything I have heard (from both friends who still work with the team, as well as friends who work for independent retailers) claims the exact opposite: it is our most popular jersey as far as sales are concerned, AINEC.

And even aside from sales, just on this very website (which, I don't think is in question, is mostly populated by the "under-30" demographic), the "Tournament of Logos" polls I ran in the offseason had the Heritage "O" as the second most popular logo of all time among users on this site.

It might help explain why there is less of a buy-in because the association is not as strong with this generation.

Less of a buy-in? Again, everything I have heard as far as sales are concerned paints completely the opposite picture.

The standalone "O" adds a bit to the negativity. Boston has a B but it's in a crest. On their Heritage jersey they spell the name Boston. The "O" inside a crest would have looked better imo and it didn't have to be a centurion.

Look, you are well in your rights to dislike the jersey. No one will argue with you about your own personal preference. If this is the way you interpret the jersey, that's totally fine. If you see the "O" as negative, that's your opinion.

... Just understand that you are in the minority.

Last edited:

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Barberpole (three thick stripes) the black background behind the S and then get back to me. Concept has potential (imo) but needs work.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The O + barberpole is, by far and away, my favorite and the jersey I see most often on the streets.

It is an amazing jersey.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Personally, I really like the jersey as it is right now and it's easily my favourite Sens jersey. I find the ''S'' would take out the simplicity of the jersey and that's what I like about it. It's also an heritage jersey, and I think it's neat that they decided to go with the same pattern as 100 years ago. I feel like it's that kind of thing you just leave like that, kinda like changing a habs jersey, just something I wouldn't do or that shouldn't be done IMO.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Heritage jersey is the best alternate jersey we've ever had.

It's not even close. It's no contest.

For sure this....it's a landslide victory and a pleasant visual distraction from that garbage edge design we have been rocking for what seems like forever at this point!

I am enjoying the retro black and red striped with 2d logo they have brought back in the arena shops and am currently toying with the idea of getting one, not sure whether i should go non numbered and named or retro/modern player.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
When it first came out, people either loved the design or disliked it at times intensely although more are accepting it as part of the set now. I much prefer the red. My kids picked it too and they chose first. From what I see it's still the most popular in our neighborhood by a wide margin.

This sweater raises strong feelings when someone suggests any changes or just says that they don't prefer it. I say, to each his own. There is no reason to take a simple fashion preference by others too seriously one way or the other. If you like it then buy it and if you don't like it then don't buy it!

smithy

May 31, 2011
New York
The "O" jersey is the best Senators jersey ever and, if given the chance as the main jersey, would be considered one of the best in sports.

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
For sure this....it's a landslide victory and a pleasant visual distraction from that garbage edge design we have been rocking for what seems like forever at this point!

I am enjoying the retro black and red striped with 2d logo they have brought back in the arena shops and am currently toying with the idea of getting one, not sure whether i should go non numbered and named or retro/modern player.

The original logo from back in the early 90s? Awesome... been waiting for this. I find the 3D logo irritating to look at.

No problems with the "O"... barber pole stripes are rad.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
We are a laughing stock with the ZERO Heritage jersey.

Rather than design an entirely new jersey because you're too sensitive to take a little teasing from opposing fans who are so uncreative that they go for the most obvious joke - lol the O looks like a zero, lawl!!1! - perhaps you could stop crying long enough to toughen up a little bit.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I think the heritage Jersey's are beautiful. Best sweaters the sens have had since the early changes to the original whites and blacks in the 90s.

Who cares if people make a joke about the O looking like a 0? People who brag about cup wins they don't remember are compensating for something.

Like their penis.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Who cares if people make a joke about the O looking like a 0? People who brag about cup wins they don't remember are compensating for something.

Like their penis.

Precisely this.

If your friends are making jokes about "The O looks like a zero, lulz", then you need new friends, not a new jersey.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
The original logo from back in the early 90s? Awesome... been waiting for this. I find the 3D logo irritating to look at.

No problems with the "O"... barber pole stripes are rad.

I want to say it's very close to this if not the exact one....had a few pops so my details may be a touch off....Prince was rocking a "Retro Neil" version in the halloween pics posted on twitter

Vintage_Sens_1992_sm_medium.png

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
If someone makes a joke about Zero on the jersey you should come back with a joke about toilet seat on their jersey in response.

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
I want to say it's very close to this if not the exact one....had a few pops so my details may be a touch off....Prince was rocking a "Retro Neil" version in the halloween pics posted on twitter

Vintage_Sens_1992_sm_medium.png

Yeah, my gf follows a few of the players on Twitter and showed me Prince's get-up. Love the suttle jab at a vet like Neiler. Teeth blacked out, nice.

If this jersey had just a bit of white striping on the arms/bottom of the jersey, I think I'd love this as our 'home' jersey... although it changes things from a predominantly red home jersey.

How would the 2D logo look with a more modern jersey design - either black or red? I'm sure something was put together on a jersey thread in the past...

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Weird, any hockey fan I talk to that isn't an idiot (durr it's a zero!) always tell me that it's criminal that the third jersey isn't our regular jersey. It's been voted on icethetics as one of the top 5 jerseys in the league....

When they wore them last game, a guy in Devils jersey told me: "Man, I'm glad they're wearing those jerseys, makes them look like a professional team."

#KillTheReebokTemplateReds

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Yeah, my gf follows a few of the players on Twitter and showed me Prince's get-up. Love the suttle jab at a vet like Neiler. Teeth blacked out, nice.

If this jersey had just a bit of white striping on the arms/bottom of the jersey, I think I'd love this as our 'home' jersey... although it changes things from a predominantly red home jersey.

How would the 2D logo look with a more modern jersey design - either black or red? I'm sure something was put together on a jersey thread in the past...

Our good HF friend Jerkstore who is responsible for the O jersey we see and love today has done a few lovely mock ups of just what you have suggested here....to lazy to search for but they are also glorious.

Last edited:

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
Our good HF friend Jerkstore who is responsible for the O jersey we see and love today has done a few lovely mock ups of just what you have suggested here....to lazy to search for but they are also glorious.

Ah, the lazy is strong in us. Was hoping you'd share the link. Mad props for being equally as lazy though. I am familiar with Jerkstore awesomeness though. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad