Proposal: Hypothetical Rebuild 7: Trade 1 (Updated Poll)

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
I currently have this offer on the ANA board:

Tatar + Pulkkinen <---> Vatanen + 5th

They didn't accept Tatar for Vatanen alone. But currently are accepting this deal. Would you guys still agree to this trade?

Looks like we are going to accept this: So this is the current summary:

AGE DISTRIBUTION
37: Datsyuk (KUR)
36: Franzen (LTIR)
35: Zetterberg (KUR), Kronwall(KUR)
34:
33:
32: Ericsson
31:
30: Green
29: Abdelkader
28:
27:
26: Glendening, Nyquist, Dekeyser
25: Sheahan
24: Marchenko, Vatanen, Mrazek
23: Jurco
22: Ouellet
21: Athanasiou, Mantha
20:
19: Larkin

BUDGET AND LINEUP
Abby(4.25)-Zetterberg(6.083)-Larkin(0.925)
Nyquist(4.75)-Datsyuk(7.5)-Mantha(0.863)
Sheahan(1.3)-Anthanasiou(0.628)-Jurco(0.9)
XXXX-Glendening(0.628)-XXXXX

Green(6.0)-Kronwall(4.75)
Dekeyser(4.0)-Vatanen(5.0)
Ericsson(4.25)-Marchenko(0.667)
Ouellet(0.715)

Mrazek(4.0)
Backup?(1.5)

This would give us a Budget of:
58.71 Million - Using 10 Forwards, 7 D and 2 G (We would still need to add 3F's now)
*Bolded Numbers are Estimates for RFA contracts

*** Note we are short a few forwards now ***

Last edited:

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300
Between Vatanen, Hicketts and Saarijarvi our blue line would look like it got hit with a shrink-ray.

Pass

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I don't think Vatanen fixes (or substantially improves) our defensive issues. Pass.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Between Vatanen, Hicketts and Saarijarvi our blue line would look like it got hit with a shrink-ray.

Pass

Except Vatanen is a very good proven player and the other two are long shots to even make it.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Definitely yes, This is one of the proposals that i had made earlier on the big board. And both the Duck and Wing fan basis easily said yes to it.

Yes i saw that. So i'm currently putting it to a vote on both fan bases. Seems to be passing both right now. That way we can chalk it up to a realistic plan.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
We really only need to offer Tatar and maybe a very small add. Doesn't need to be Pulkkinen. Not against shipping Pulkkinen for something else after, but I don't think we should overpay like here. Tatar should be enough and maybe a 5th rounder just going from us.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Ya on their board their first thought was:

Tatar + 2nd <--> Vatanen + 3rd. I didnt like that option (especially if we were rebuilding)

Also to gt their majority vote, im sure id have to change that 3rd to a 4th/5th probably

But I agree this deal is a slight overpay.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yes i saw that. So i'm currently putting it to a vote on both fan bases. Seems to be passing both right now. That way we can chalk it up to a realistic plan.

Sounds good to me, Now we just need to convince Holland and Murray to actually make it happen this summer at the draft. We really need one of either Vatanen and or Shattenkirk in the lineup next fall.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
And what do you think he would cost us?

The Blues prices would have to come down for us to really enter into that. As long as they remain center focused we suffer in any discussion with them. The cost of Shattenkirk would be significant in my opinion. First round pick plus good roster player is going have to be there.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
A reluctant yes - reluctant because Tatar has more trade value than Nyquist simply because he's ~$3M cheaper, and that doesn't seem to have been reflected in Ducks fans counter proposals. Prefer the option with the swapping of the 2nd and 3rd, but not sure we've got a 2nd to trade?

But we need to get better on the back end, and we've got an abundance of small, skilled wingers.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
would Tatar+1st+Smith+Pulkkinen work? (assuming Shatty agrees to extension)

OR w/a future center

Tatar+Svechnikov+1st (assuming Shatty agrees to extension)

These are costly...

But we could also write them as:

1st + Smith + Vatanen (on assumption our other trade worked)

Or

Svechnikov + 1st + Tatar

Also assuming shatty agrees to an extension is one of those things that just doesn't happen in the NHL. We have to trade for Shattenkirk without the extension in place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad