Injury Report: Hyman having MRI - UPDATE: Out at least 3 weeks

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
well, technically, it can be, if that player has been over- and wrongly- used.
This..
Most of the posters on this forum want Hyman on the team.

He doesn't have the skill to play on his off wing.....can't handle the puck or make a play on his backhand .
But if he were put in his correct position..right wing...he would be an excellent shut down guy....strong skater and forechecker....3rd or 4th line..

It's all about his usage by Babcock.
This stubborn coach insists on him being on his off wing and on the top 6...
The problem is Babcock..it has never been Hyman.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
This..
Most of the posters on this forum want Hyman on the team.

He doesn't have the skill to play on his off wing.....can't handle the puck or make a play on his backhand .
But if he were put in his correct position..right wing...he would be an excellent shut down guy....strong skater and forechecker....3rd or 4th line..

It's all about his usage by Babcock.
This stubborn coach insists on him being on his off wing and on the top 6...
The problem is Babcock..it has never been Hyman.

We all want Hyman on the team. Him being a permanent fixture in the top-6 is stupid, and it's even stupider putting him on his off-wing. Usually the types of wingers you see on their offwing are guys like Kane, Tarasenko or Zuccarello who are excellent at handling passes off their back-hand, have excellent edges for turning around, and have shooting ability to capitalize on the more favorable shooting angles (which Hyman definitely doesn't have).

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Assuming it happened on the play in the corner in New Jersey, I find it really weird that nobody is talking about the slew foot.

In real time I thought it was reckless & dirty, especially that close to the boards.

Yet it's sort of all just done... unmentioned?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Maybe coach can put out the 7M Flow when protecting a lead and the other team's net is empty.
are they the only 2 options ?

Babs throws him out there to pad his stats plain and simple and we have more than enough players to play with a lead without Hey-Man in the lineup .

Reactions: ToMaLe and IPS

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
I've been one of Hyman's biggest critics the last couple of years, but I think he's actually been very good this season. We'll be fine with our depth, but he was a solid compliment to Marner/JT. Hope Johnnson can step up

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
are they the only 2 options ?

Babs throws him out there to pad his stats plain and simple and we have more than enough players to play with a lead without Hey-Man in the lineup .
'
Yea yea......Hyman is his son and he loves him. :biglaugh:

I've laughed at that one each of the couple of hundred times you've posted it.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
'
Yea yea......Hyman is his son and he loves him. :biglaugh:

I've laughed at that one each of the couple of hundred times you've posted it.
have you actually missed Hyman the 3 games he's been out so far this season ?

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
have you actually missed Hyman the 3 games he's been out so far this season ?

Nope.

But some may be short of material while he's out. I guess Brown can expect double the heat from the board faithful.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Despite all the complaints about Hyman, we've seen Marleau, Kapanen and Johnsson so far put on Matthews left side this year and the haven't provided any more offense than Hyman did. And so far no one put on Tavares' left side has either. Go figure.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Johnsson is putting up numbers, i posted last week he was our 3rd leading point guy in the last 10, something like that. He is our only offensive LW gifted player we have, Marleau is just a passenger this season, the others are on the Marlies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
No way does he see 4th line. He is not top 6 but very deserving of being on the 3rd line. I think that's where he would shine the most with Marleau-Kadri-Hyman.

If Babcock wants to do a true match up line with Kadri as the centre, then Hyman is a natural fit with him. I wonder how Hyman will do not taking everything on his back hand?

Nylander-Matthews-Kapanen
Johnsson-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Hyman
Ennis-Lindholm-Brown

Reactions: ToMaLe

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Despite all the complaints about Hyman, we've seen Marleau, Kapanen and Johnsson so far put on Matthews left side this year and the haven't provided any more offense than Hyman did. And so far no one put on Tavares' left side has either. Go figure.

Matthews and Tavares are both left handed goal scoring centermen who connect more with their right shooting RW partners (Marner, Nylander, Kapanen). It's not much of a surprise that the LW role is more of a utility and support role in that dynamic.

I think we are going to miss Hyman. Leivo would have been nice to have at this point. Maybe they can audition Grundstrom for a bit and have an idea of what they have there.

Reactions: Nithoniniel

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Tavares and Marner on a tear now without the anchor called Hyman on their line. Take your time healing bud, even if its full season.
Maple Leafs Hotstove
(@LeafsNews)

I think the Leafs have something special in Johnsson-Tavares-Marner. In this particular sequence, the speed of Johnsson forces a turnover and leads to sustained pressure. I would like to see this line used more going forward. #LeafsForever

member 300185

I've been a disgruntled Leaf fan when it comes to Hyman but I gotta say...the last season or so he's grown on me. Great on the PK and his hands are getting better, he also brings some bite the Leafs lack.
Better than what? He went from needing a jack hammer to fix his hands to only needing a chisel.

Reactions: IPS

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
i love hyman and brown on this team, but they are textbook bottom 6 fowards...they hustle, play hard, skate hard, play strong D, and are our main PKers

your top 6 is meant for your skilled players, to work magic together and create offense for you...i mean hymans hands and skills are even worse than browns, marner doesnt even like passing him the puck when hes wide open cause he knows he wont do anything good with it majority of the time...wake up babcock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad