Injury Report: Hyman having MRI - UPDATE: Out at least 3 weeks

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Well, those posts come from people who don't seem understand that there are lots of different coaching philosophies - not one of them is without flaws. There is no perfect way to coach. You can poke holes in Babcock's ideas all you want, but he ha bee undeniably successful throughout his career. Obviously, he does way more good than bad.
We all question some of his moves. To be so insulting and small, says more about the poster. We're second overall, hello.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

nofehr

Dec 17, 2012

Hate him or loves him, the guy battles.

Very cool stat - thanks for sharing. It's incredible how far ahead of everyone else he is.

I do like Hyman as a player and he really showed up in the playoffs last year, which will be key going forward. I do get extremely frustrated with usage sometimes though. I agree with others that he would make Kadri's line really difficult to play against. Hope he gets better soon.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
This is a perfect time to Bring up Moore and see what we have in him

They'll usually bring these types up (fringe) only when they have to. Expect Moore and Marchment to be on this team next season. Marchment-Goat-Moore would be a great fourth line.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
don't like to see anyone injured but he won't be missed since his negatives out weigh his positives on a scoring line
His absence could be felt on the penalty kill. He is a good penalty killer. Hopefully we dont see brown get a promotion to the JT-Marner line. Right now brown is playing great hockey from the 4th line, let him play there and get some points. Hyman when he comes back hopefully gets put on kadri line. Play him at right wing and he will be able to make more plays. Gives kadri a puck hound and we find that kadri gets more offensive zone opportunities with him getting the chance to drive his line.

I want to see this line up when Zach comes back

Johnsson-Matthews-Kapanen
Nylander-Tavares-marner
Marleau-Kadri-Hyman
Ennis-Lindholm-brown

Maybe switch kapanen and nylander if nylander is back into full form by then(should be)

Reactions: razkaz

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Tough player to lose, hopefully we don't lose to much of a step. I don't think he's integral to the team but he does a lot of little things we're going to miss.

Reactions: CelticDruid

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Nice I hope 3 weeks are enough for Johnsson to secure that position. I love the idea of not having Hyman on the team. Even if he is taking rest for 3 months it’s wonderful for the team.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Nice to see the sarcastic remarks belittling the hardest working player on the team. Very classy.

Against tough opposition, Hyman is part of the solution, not the problem. A blowout win against a bottom feeder doesn't change that.

Reactions: Warden of the North

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Nice I hope 3 weeks are enough for Johnsson to secure that position. I love the idea of not having Hyman on the team. Even if he is taking rest for 3 months it’s wonderful for the team.
What an absurd observation. I may not like Hyman on the top 6 but he most definitely has a place on the 3rd line and the team is better with him on it.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
well, technically, it can be, if that player has been over- and wrongly- used.

Do you seriously think this team is better with Hyman out and Gauthier in? I agree that technically it can, I just don't think that's the case here.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
So am I correct in assuming that he played on this ankle for part of the game?

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
He is just a Pylon and our 4000 iq coach is even more pathetic than what this pylon is actually playing. He might be a good fit for the team but not under a coach who is from countryside and has practically no brain.

We're in second place despite missing our best center and second best winger for large chunks of the season. Babcock is a damned good coach, stop looking for reasons to be miserable.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Hopefully, instead of Gauthier, we get a chance to see one of Moore, Grunstrom, Marchment or Bracco called up. The team knows what Gauthier can do, they need a look at what our best Marlie prospects can do in the big time while a spot like Hyman's is open for 10 games or so.

Reactions: smitty10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad