GDT: Hurricanes vs Philadelphia: The Return of Chaos

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
We offered him to pay other teams to take him. We put him on waivers. Outside of buying out his contract, there's not much more we can do here.

Lemeiux is also getting healthy scratched, also getting 3-5 minutes a night, but has had a MUCH better response when dealing with that fact.
Expectation management. Lemieux was brought in under the assumption he was the 13th forward and got an extension. Tda was brought in under the assumption he was playing a regularly because a trade was going to happen and his lack of usage is affecting his earning potential next season.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Made a Ranger fan unhappy. Doesn’t like his “look” whatever that means.
I like rempe's look after he gets his face mashed in.

People talk about guys just collecting a paycheck. He wants to play and probably feels like a passenger that doesn’t deserve to be part of the party if he didn’t contribute. I don’t mind it. I’m sure if it’s like that all the time and he’s in a bad mood in front of the guys frequently it gets old and can’t really be part of it.

He really hasn’t played bad this year imo. He hasn’t been the same as the first time, but the early season stuff wasn’t really on him to me. Orlov created many of the issues they had and no one could’ve erased them. He did the best he could and he looked worse than he was.
Yep. Put him with slavin and hes a 50 point guy. Same with Skjei probably.

Our second pair next year could and should be Sjkei/ TDA but I see that as highly unlikely. Probably was the intent but Pesce trade didnt work out

Expectation management. Lemieux was brought in under the assumption he was the 13th forward and got an extension. Tda was brought in under the assumption he was playing a regularly because a trade was going to happen and his lack of usage is affecting his earning potential next season.
Or maybe NHLers want to play. They have limited years to do so.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I like rempe's look after he gets his face mashed in.

Yep. Put him with slavin and hes a 50 point guy. Same with Skjei probably.

Our second pair next year could and should be Sjkei/ TDA but I see that as highly unlikely. Probably was the intent but Pesce trade didnt work out

Or maybe NHLers want to play. They have limited years to do so.
i appreciate you reiterating my already existing argument

• Haha
Reactions: WreckingCrew

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

He was kicked off the Rangers, kicked off the Flyers, and played himself into the position he finds himself in on the Canes. He’s been the 7th-8th D for months on end now. If he hasn’t come to terms with the fact that that’s what he is at this point in his career, he’s delusional. If he was going to be a Top 4 D somewhere, that team would have grabbed him at the deadline or picked him up off waivers.

In any case, the time to pout isn’t directly after the team scores a big goal in OT.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

Not a good look for TDA there. No celebration, and Jordan giving him the business. I understand he was probably unhappy about his usage in this game (around 3 minutes or so), but he’s got to realize there’s a time and place to express that unhappiness.

He looked fine in the clip provided. I don't know what "Jordan giving him the business" is about, but I didn't see it in the clip. Yeah, he's not as excited as the rest, but it is not like he was pissed at the outcome either.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He looked fine in the clip provided. I don't know what "Jordan giving him the business" is about, but I didn't see it in the clip. Yeah, he's not as excited as the rest, but it is not like he was pissed at the outcome either.
You don’t even know from watching that he’s telling him to be more excited. It could be a continuation of a conversation they were having. “See? I told you that would work” or something like that could be what’s being said. It’s a five second clip with no context. KK gives him a little bump at the end too.

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
We offered him to pay other teams to take him. We put him on waivers. Outside of buying out his contract, there's not much more we can do here.

Lemeiux is also getting healthy scratched, also getting 3-5 minutes a night, but has had a MUCH better response when dealing with that fact.
TDA emotional maturity on display here. That’s a shame.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
1. If i'm tda, i'm frustrated because i should have had about 10 minutes of power play ice time. Seriously, in a league with constantly questionable officiating last night stood out as egregious to the point it crossed the line from "they're incompetent" to "they're actively choosing to refuse to do their job."

B. Seriously, y'all - it's fun and speculation is 90% of the reason message boards exist, but maybe seeing a few seconds of a clip that benign and divining someone's thoughts, attitude, and waffle house order is a bit silly. (Note - only if you actually believe youself. The internet was made for bullshitting.)

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Yeah he didn't get very excited but I dont think Staal was "giving him the business" TDA was tapping Staal on the back and Staal nodded at him.

I'm sure he wants to play and would rather be somewhere he gets the chance but I dont think he's a malcontent

Last edited:

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
It’s not like he’s breaking his stick on the boards or anything. I understand him being frustrated but if he was a better option than the 6 guys ahead of him he’d play more. He’s not and that’s a kick in the nuts but that’s sport. If a defenseman gets hurt he’ll get minutes

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
What I don't understand is if TDA isn't the best option for RD, why haven't we tried him as a winger? I mean giving him a shot on 4RW would mean that you could literally rotate the bottom six as you see fit to keep them fresh. Also it's not like he could do that much damage because we're already locked in for the playoffs. Now would be a great time to experiment.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
TDA had a shift where he got caught behind the net in the offensive zone. Puck got turned over and was an odd man rush back the other way. The guy skated back with absolutely no urgency, while the rest of the team covered him. His attitude sucks.

I don’t care if you get 3-4 minutes of ice time in a game. But you think you’d give it your 100% every second you’re on that ice, even in those shortened minutes. You’re in a position if you’re not giving it your all, you’re about to not even get a NHL contract next year.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
What I don't understand is if TDA isn't the best option for RD, why haven't we tried him as a winger? I mean giving him a shot on 4RW would mean that you could literally rotate the bottom six as you see fit to keep them fresh. Also it's not like he could do that much damage because we're already locked in for the playoffs. Now would be a great time to experiment.
I think with us the 4rw spot isn’t as innocuous as it is for most teams. Rod’s system is pretty specific and he wants guys who can and do play certain ways. TDA may be as miscast at that spot as he is as a top 4 guy right now. Fast is the right kind of player for that spot, though I like him at 3rw. Noesen. TDA would still be trying to play offense and grinding behind the other teams net wouldn’t be natural. He’d try to throw risky passes from down low through the middle, because he has offensive instincts.

I don’t think Rod sees that spot as one to be creative with.

I get why he's not happy. He's playing against his former team and probably wanted to have more of an impact on the game. I don't make too much out of this.
How we used him essentially proves Torts right. I’m sure he wanted to prove him wrong.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

Not a good look for TDA there. No celebration, and Jordan giving him the business. I understand he was probably unhappy about his usage in this game (around 3 minutes or so), but he’s got to realize there’s a time and place to express that unhappiness.

1711123819352.jpeg

Unhinged Finn

Skunk is my spirit animal
May 1, 2022
This season has been a rollercoaster ride.

We sucked, goalies died and/or sucked. Orlov sucked. We were going to miss playoffs. Season was a guaranteed miss. Power play and penalty kilt both sucked ass.

Then we didn't suck. Neither did the PP. And penalties were kilt.

Trade deadline was supposed to be like tumbleweeds rolling in the desert. It wasn't. We didn't like our group.

Now we are in the mix for presidents thingy. But one guy didn't celebrate GWG enough. We f***ed.

Did I miss something?

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
This season has been a rollercoaster ride.

We sucked, goalies died and/or sucked. Orlov sucked. We were going to miss playoffs. Season was a guaranteed miss. Power play and penalty kilt both sucked ass.

Then we didn't suck. Neither did the PP. And penalties were kilt.

Trade deadline was supposed to be like tumbleweeds rolling in the desert. It wasn't. We didn't like our group.

Now we are in the mix for presidents thingy. But one guy didn't celebrate GWG enough. We f***ed.

Did I miss something?
I'd watch you do the news if you could add some fancy graphics to this brief.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad