Prospect Info: Hurricanes Prospect Info and Discussion - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
If Kaut has a good WC then I think it’s safe to say he’s in the running. Creating chemistry with Necas just makes it a little more interesting. Outside of Necas/Kaut, I’m hoping the Canes will be watching that team closely anyway as Pavel Francouz is the goalie.

It’s next to impossible to find anything outside of highlights for Kaut. Hard to provide an analysis of a guy without footage. I watched him at the WJC in the periphery (more interested in Necas) and for me he played a lot like Elias Lindholm. Jack of all trades type, strong on his skates and on the boards, with a pass-first mentality. He plays more intense and fiesty while Lindholm generally seems more impassive, but then again it was a short tournament so could have been the circumstance.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
If Kaut has a good WC then I think it’s safe to say he’s in the running. Creating chemistry with Necas just makes it a little more interesting. Outside of Necas/Kaut, I’m hoping the Canes will be watching that team closely anyway as Pavel Francouz is the goalie.

It’s next to impossible to find anything outside of highlights for Kaut. Hard to provide an analysis of a guy without footage. I watched him at the WJC in the periphery (more interested in Necas) and for me he played a lot like Elias Lindholm. Jack of all trades type, strong on his skates and on the boards, with a pass-first mentality. He plays more intense and fiesty while Lindholm generally seems more impassive, but then again it was a short tournament so could have been the circumstance.

World championships is how we discovered Fatty Andersen.

Course everyone else already knows about Francouz so it’s a little different. Would be cool to pick up another random European goalie and have him turn into an impact player, though.

SwissGrog

Oct 10, 2012
Hey guys don't know where to post but I'm looking for info on Josh Jooris. It seems it may come to Switzerland since he doesn't count as an import player, although rumours are he really wants to stay in north America.

What kind of player is? In the NLA you need a lot of speed and good skating, how did he do for Carolina (both NHL and AHL)?

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Hey guys don't know where to post but I'm looking for info on Josh Jooris. It seems it may come to Switzerland since he doesn't count as an import player, although rumours are he really wants to stay in north America.

What kind of player is? In the NLA you need a lot of speed and good skating, how did he do for Carolina (both NHL and AHL)?
He's got decent skating/speed. Not elite in either area. But he's pretty versatile as he can play wing and center. I think he'll be a good top 6 guy in the NLA.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Not bad money considering his draft position.

Looking at others, it seems like it's pretty standard for his draft position.

Nic Roy (4th rounder) has an AAV of $815K and a cap hit of $720K.
Saarela (3rd rounder) has and AAV of $902K and a cap hit of $753K.
Foegele (3rd rounder) has an AAV of $800K and a cap hit of $747K
Kuokkanen (2nd rounder) has an AAV of $925K and a cap hit of $843K

Geekie (3rd rounder) has an aav of $800K and a cap hit $763K. He's right in the ball park of other 3rd/4th rounders but less than a recent 2nd rounder.

hurricure

Sr Vice President of Snacking
Oct 8, 2016
Trail BC
Looking at others, it seems like it's pretty standard for his draft position.

Nic Roy (4th rounder) has an AAV of $815K and a cap hit of $720K.
Saarela (3rd rounder) has and AAV of $902K and a cap hit of $753K.
Foegele (3rd rounder) has an AAV of $800K and a cap hit of $747K
Kuokkanen (2nd rounder) has an AAV of $925K and a cap hit of $843K

Geekie (3rd rounder) has an aav of $800K and a cap hit $763K. He's right in the ball park of other 3rd/4th rounders but less than a recent 2nd rounder.
And a hell of a lot more than me and probably rarely has to get up at 5 in the morning
#talentless

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
And a hell of a lot more than me and probably rarely has to get up at 5 in the morning
#talentless

Well, that's his NHL salary, which he won't be getting, at least not right away. His AHL salary is $70,000, although I think he get's his signing bonuses on top of that so another $70,000 for the first year and $20,000 / year after that.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
it's a little disappointing how the 2016 draft is looking for us after how strong it looked at this time last year. bean had a break even type year, but the options on the board when we picked him are a little annoying. chychrun and especially mcavoy going in the next 3 picks (along with luke kunin who made his nhl debut this year and looked good) sucks a bit. gauthier has had a somewhat understandable drop in stock for a power winger adjusting to the pro game, and there are some really interesting names around his slot as well. kuokkanen is probably the biggest one that maintained or elevated his stock from the top few picks. matt filipe had a regression as a sophomore. max zimmer had a regression as a sophomore. jack lafontaine had a regression with a sub .890 save percentage at michigan. hudson elynuik is going back into the draft, so his development doesn't matter to us anymore. helvig had a strong season in the chl, but that was kind of expected for an overage goalie. not to write it off wholesale, but he held serve developmentally. it's insane how quickly a draft can go from looking really strong to looking really weak with a year of stalled development. my enthusiasm for that class was super high.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Well, that's his NHL salary, which he won't be getting, at least not right away. His AHL salary is $70,000, although I think he get's his signing bonuses on top of that so another $70,000 for the first year and $20,000 / year after that.

You think correctly, that's how it goes.

Though 70k, 20k and 20k are his Performance Bonuses. His Signing Bonus is 80k per year, so 150k per a season spent in AHL.

Plus the Performance Bonuses which seem to be of Games Played kind, for 10 or so games up in NHL.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
It's cute that they bother with 20k sums, btw. Obviously if the NHL dream doesn't ultimately realize but the player gets to take a good whiff of NHL air, that counts as a sizeable sum of actual money. But they get paid according to their NHL salary for those games, too, on top of that.

But it's a funny/ugly comparison to our 2OA who will get the standard 2OA package of 925k Salary, full 850k in Schedule A performance bonuses and 1.8M (of the max of 2M) in Schedule B performance bonuses.

Obviously he would need to be a league top 10 scorer to get the latter. In Canes.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The players get paid from October to April, right, so receive their full yearly salary during seven months? If you're up in the NHL roster for two weeks, you'll get paid 1/14th of your NHL Salary (instead of 1/14th of AHL salary, obviously). Would be about 46k in Geekie's case on the first year (650k Base Salary). And 65k for the rest of the year in AHL. Plus the Signing Bonus in any case. All together a little under 200k in our hypothetical 2 week scenario.

It's good to be an NHLer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad