Rumor: Hurricanes offer to forward Sebastian Aho was 8-years at a $6 million AAV.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Some of them like to be abused.

Well, Annie Lennox, let's hope Aho is one of them. Because if he prefers money to abuse then Carolina might be in for a contract hold out.

Everyone's wringing their hands thinking of an offer sheet to Marner. But Aho's negotiation is the one that's on the verge of disaster. He's going to end up with a lot more than 6 million a year, I can tell you that.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Well, Annie Lennox, let's hope Aho is one of them. Because if he prefers money to abuse then Carolina might be in for a contract hold out.

Everyone's wringing their hands thinking of an offer sheet to Marner. But Aho's negotiation is the one that's on the verge of disaster. He's going to end up with a lot more than 6 million a year, I can tell you that.
Yes, he will, and the day they sign that SPC to something above 9M everyone will be smiling in the pic on the news.

Reactions: Tryamw

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga

So how about some mod pins the post where it says this offer was from last October, so that is shows up on every page

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
This guy should be easy to poach.

I hope he is a runny center, those are always the best.

anigif_sub-buzz-14569-1516399105-12.gif

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
So how about some mod pins the post where it says this offer was from last October, so that is shows up on every page
While they are keeping us confined here, we're not raising trouble elsewhere.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
We'd match and then offer sheet that team's best RFA with way more cap and ability to inflict pain. Nobody wants any of that, so it won't happen.
So your idea of revenge is to cripple your cap flexibility by matching an over payment of one of your own RFAs and then massively overpaying a random RFA that doesn't necessarily fit a team need and then lose the ability to save cap space by plugging in ELCs because you'd give the team 4 consecutive 1st round picks? Seems like a logical plan.

Last edited:

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
So your idea of revenge is to cripple your cap flexibility by massively overpaying a random RFA that doesn't necessarily fit a tam need and then lose the ability to save cap space by plugging in ELCs because you'd give the team 4 consecutive 1st round picks? Seems like a logical plan.

Can't believe it's taken people this long to get it.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

Y'all don't know a thing about it.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
This thread is a prime example of why Kypreos, Shannon, and Dreger spew these garbage rumours. Look at everyone biting on it.

Can't wait till zero offer sheets are thrown Aho's way and he signs with the Canes at market value.

Yeah, I give up trying to correct anybody when they're obviously not even attempting to read.

If I wanted to see this level of intellectual "prowess," I can just go read Facebook

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I heard Aho just got in the Delorean and is time traveling back to October to be insulted by their offer

when this thing hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna see some serious ****
I heard Aho is traveling back to 2010 to tell his younger self to switch to football.

But because of the ****ing vuvuzelas, he won't, and his life will be an eternal loop of vuvuzelas and getting insulted by Carolina Hurricanes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad