OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXXIX, Yeah, I get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
And here I thought you were going to blame the explosion on the Unipiper--but alas...
I wouldn't consider it beyond imaginable that lighting up pipes is a drug that you're eventually gonna need bigger and bigger doses of.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
But Russia has the leverage either way if NS1 exists. They haven't increased their leverage by blowing up their own pipeline, because the problem is the same: they're trying to pressure Germany and other NATO nations with gas, and so far, those nations aren't budging. Nothing about this move seems to change that. Either Germany/Europe are buying Russian gas, or they're not.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
OK, I read it.

Now explain it. Because it still doesn't seem compelling to me.
It is you versus a group:
You know the group would never admit to anything shady to everyone or even a signke other party.
Each member of the group knows the other is capable of committing certain acts based on history / current technology / etc.
Each member of the group deny involvement but at the same time wonder if their allies did it due to the previously established abilities.
Each member of the group would be able to come up with strategic reasons why their allies would do it.
All of that would lead to a heavy dose of acceptance one of your allies did it based on their own conclusions. The more parties involved in the group the easier it becomes.

Those conclusions lead to members of the group feeling guilty they did something sneaky and will in turn give more concessions in negotiation.

Sounds crazy but I could see it working. It only takes one to plant the seeds of doubt/ probability in the group

Last edited:

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Swedish press reports fourth leak. There are two leaks on NS1 and two on NS2.

Both Nord Streams consist of two parallel pipelines each, so four pipelines altogether. I assume this means that there is a leak on every pipeline.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Swedish press reports fourth leak. There are two leaks on NS1 and two on NS2.

Both Nord Streams consist of two parallel pipelines each, so four pipelines altogether. I assume this means that there is a leak on every pipeline.

May lend credence to the theory that it was an inside job. (Literally an inside job, using explosive pipe pigs.)

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
May lend credence to the theory that it was an inside job. (Literally an inside job, using explosive pipe pigs.)
CNN says probably Russian Navy ships:

The Times says probably Russian underwater drones:

The first victim is the same as always.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I got the flu shot and the COVID booster at the same time. 0/5 stars. Would not recommend.
You get sick? I got the Covid vaccine and flu shot at the same time last year with little issues. Granted that was not by choice, Walgreens folks gave me the flu vaccine when i had an appointment for the C vaccine

Last edited:

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
So today it's reported that a couple of gas pipes under the Baltic Sea started to leak from three places at one go in a curious unnatural fashion and there's been some underwater explosions.

But don't talk about it and don't tell anyone that I told you.
Yep. Let it begin with the attacks on critical infrastructure. Should be fun to see what the retaliation involves. Cyber based most likely. Sigh.

Reactions: DaveG

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
i did this a few weeks ago, had 24 hours of feeling like trash and then completely fine

Yeah, I had aches and chills for most of yesterday, and a fever made last night’s sleep an unpleasant one. But right now, I’ve got a sore arm and a slight fever, but so much better than yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad