Hurricanes Lounge XXVII: BURN THE NEW SERVERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Huh. What's the point of that? A place to go if you just want to argue with complete strangers?

Part of effective political discussions is that you trust the person with whom you're having the discussion, otherwise it's extremely unlikely that you'll be willing to change your point of view. Based on previous conversations and what I know about the folks here, I'd get more out of your input than I would from discussing things with complete strangers.

I agree with this. @tarheelhockey, is it permissible to have a "political" thread instead of us having to go to another board?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Huh. What's the point of that? A place to go if you just want to argue with complete strangers?

Part of effective political discussions is that you trust the person with whom you're having the discussion, otherwise it's extremely unlikely that you'll be willing to change your point of view. Based on previous conversations and what I know about the folks here, I'd get more out of your input than I would from discussing things with complete strangers.

To be fair, some of us (by us I mean HFCanes regulars) do post there with some frequency and there's a fairly regular contingent of people who post at HFPolitics. Over time you get to know them. Offhand though I know @tarheelhockey, @Finlandia WOAT,@What the Faulk, and myself all post with some frequency

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
To be fair, some of us (by us I mean HFCanes regulars) do post there with some frequency and there's a fairly regular contingent of people who post at HFPolitics. Over time you get to know them. Offhand though I know @tarheelhockey, @Finlandia WOAT,@What the Faulk, and myself all post with some frequency

I quit except for a meme from time to time. Part of some changes I’ve made in my life.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

I haven't visited as much as I used to. There's just SO MUCH going on that it's exhausting to keep up with and it's all just so depressing. I also got tired of every thread going off the rails to argue with the same morons like people are going to change their minds on the 500th attempt. 95% of the people there are level-headed and can have a rational discussion, even if you disagree with them, but then there are the KLs that just soak up all the stupidity and feel the need to share it by commanding the entire room. These people are never worth engaging, and yet, every time, without fail...

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
I haven’t gotten to that episode yet, I’m a huge Rogan listener :). I even have tickets to his standup in March.

I'm a subscriber to JRE and for the most part really enjoy it. It's probably a top 5 podcast for me right now.

After you see his show, I'd be interested to hear if it was good. Not sure why, but I'm less inclined to enjoy standup comedy than I used to.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I'm a subscriber to JRE and for the most part really enjoy it. It's probably a top 5 podcast for me right now.

After you see his show, I'd be interested to hear if it was good. Not sure why, but I'm less inclined to enjoy standup comedy than I used to.

It’s not till 3/31.

I go back and listen to a lot of his older shows, and the one you posted was a very good one.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia

According to the article, she basically made the Hungary team because she showed up at qualifying events and didn’t crash, and enough actual athletes pulled out of the event due to injuries that she was able to...compete?

That must be a joke?
Because people have to go to world cup stages, be decent there, to qualify for Olympics and I am pretty sure that this is not a way to do it

Edit: Just read the article, what the actual f***? She did get points from world cup stages to qualify. WTF, judges, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad