Hurricanes Lounge XXVII: BURN THE NEW SERVERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Firefox Focus requires a new login each time you open the app on your mobile, right? I found that the standard Firefox app doesn't do that, and that's what bothers me more than anything, so that's what I switched to (from Safari). Still need to get a no-ad plug-in on it, though...that Vaseline-covered finger is gross.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
A fun customer service call yesterday, but this is what it's come to. Trying to cancel anything these days takes jumping though hoops. We only get the Sunday paper because my wife wants coupons and we had a good promotional rate which made sense to have it delivered. The rate went up so that the price was almost 2x what you could buy it for at the store, so I called to cancel and reached customer service. Paraphrasing as I was more polite than the written words below indicate.

Me: "My rate is $XX so unless you can drop it, I no longer want to receive the paper."

CS: "Actually, your rate is scheduled to go up by $5 per quarter starting January 2018."

Me: "Ok, still, unless you can lower it, I don't want the paper."

CS: "Let me see what I can do, hold on please." Comes back. "Ok, I was able to secure a reduction in your rate by $3, so it will only go up by $2 next year."

Me: "You don't understand, I don't want it at my current rate, so I clearly won't want it at $2 more".

CS: "Well sir, the costs of printing and delivering the paper are going up, so price will go up, plus you get full access to digital content."

Me: "I don't care about the digital content or your costs. Unless you can do better, please cancel."

CS: "Ok, hold on and let me see what I can do." Comes back. "Sir, you'll be happy to know that I was able to secure another reduction so you will get the paper at your current rate next year, no price increase."

Me: "Please, just cancel, that is the same rate I called to say I didn't like to begin with."

Finally, they agreed to cancel the subscription. Time Warner did a similar thing way back when I cut the cord with them for TV. I think the approach is to just try to wear people down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad