OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXII: Wisdom Teeth Removal edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Not to rain on your parade...but Dickey had a streak of 12 out of 13 starts (look it up if you'd like) giving up 3 ER or less. And, despite the Jays' potent offense, he started that streak going something stupid like 1-7. Does that make ANY sense at all? No, it does not.

Contrast that with one of their other starters, Drew Hutchison. He's 13-2 (13-2!!!).....with an ERA over 5.

He pitched pretty impressively in his last two starts....and then was sent down to Triple-A. Lol.

obvious hyperbole is obvious, but his last two starts are v indicative as his career as a jay

actually his career as a whole outside of one cy young w/ the mets

dont forget you gave up travis d'arneaud (sp?) plus for an old knuckle baller who is currently 97-92 for his career

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
smoke from all these forest fires is drifting over here

the sun looks like mars and it's hazy and dark as **** outside

11013564_10153452953400709_7372482371735500226_n.jpg

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
noah syndergaard.

the jays gave up noah syndergaard in the dickey deal.

yeah, i think they're regretting it right about now.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
so, Stan Lee cameos in every Marvel film. Deadpool is a Marvel production. Deadpool is also famous for breaking the 4th wall. so, if Deadpool meets Stan Lee in the movie, will he recognize him? haha

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
:pullhair: Said it before, will say it again. People in this city are ****ing idiots behind the wheel of a moving vehicle. Getting very close to buying a dash cam for my car and I might just get one for my mother too since she commutes every day.

I just cannot fathom the stupidity of some people and how they have a legal license to drive.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
in related, semi annoying news.

i can't decide if i am upset with the permanent haze that has been sitting on calgary for the past week or not

on one hand, i don't like that i have to keep all my windows closed in 85 degree weather for a week and being advised not to go outside unless absolutely necessary, but on the other hand, between the ~1 mile visibility and general eeriness of a ghost town it has created, as the horror movie buff i am, it has been kind of fun to live in silent hill for the past week :laugh:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
ladies and gentlemen, i give you downtown calgary at various times this week*:

image.jpg

colleen-de-neve-calgary-herald-calgary-ab-august-19-2.jpg

june-27-95-smokey-calgary-smoke-from-forest-fires-in-nor.jpg

images

0825_forest_fires_smog_1.jpg

* - seriously, newspapers are warning people not to go outside unless they have to. it is kind of weird, and more than a little creepy. i went to buy groceries on monday and my neighborhood was a legit ghost town. a giant grocery store had like 3 people in it and i saw not a single car either way. the past 7 days or so, have literally been like being in silent hill.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
:pullhair: Said it before, will say it again. People in this city are ****ing idiots behind the wheel of a moving vehicle. Getting very close to buying a dash cam for my car and I might just get one for my mother too since she commutes every day.

I just cannot fathom the stupidity of some people and how they have a legal license to drive.

Not exactly difficult to get a license.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
in related, semi annoying news.

i can't decide if i am upset with the permanent haze that has been sitting on calgary for the past week or not

on one hand, i don't like that i have to keep all my windows closed in 85 degree weather for a week and being advised not to go outside unless absolutely necessary, but on the other hand, between the ~1 mile visibility and general eeriness of a ghost town it has created, as the horror movie buff i am, it has been kind of fun to live in silent hill for the past week :laugh:

Are you sure it's not just preparation for Harper taking over Canada?

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina

I came, I saw, I cut Prius off...#burnsomefossilfueldude

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Yeah but Charlotte drivers are a special breed of stupid.

Can confirm. I do encounter idiots from time to time now that I'm back in Raleigh, but in Charlotte it happened almost every day, often multiple times a day. Everyone says their city's drivers are the worst, but I have never said that about Raleigh since my experience there.

It's not even the same kind of behavior that gives DC, Boston, et al their bad names. Up there, everyone's aggressive because you'll get eaten alive if you're not. In Charlotte they're just... dumb. I mean dumb. If Forrest Gump drove in Charlotte, he'd think everyone around him was dumb. Offhand, two years after I left, I still remember instances of people doing things like making left turns from the right turn lane, driving casually on the shoulder after a turn-only lane ended, running red lights with pedestrians in the crosswalk, stopping on railroad tracks, driving both ways in a traffic circle, and so on. You do see it here too, but my experience has been that it's not nearly as frequent.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
i love ads that take up half the screen, can't be closed and obscure the forum jump button, so if i wanna change forums, i have to go to the main page every time. those are the best :handclap::yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad