OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLIII: As Fun As Waterboarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Thinking about getting my right arm full sleeve tattoo done, have a half sleeve, but looking at doing a falcon down to my wrist.

wow this site really blows now. So many f***ing ads I can hardly see what I'm typing and it crashes all the time when I'm halfway through my post.
I had to get a blocker, site us unusable with out it

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Thinking about getting my right arm full sleeve tattoo done, have a half sleeve, but looking at doing a falcon down to my wrist.
Probably cheaper to just the the glove.

il_fullxfull.3992045077_4q4f.jpg

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
The only thing good of Taylor Swift is taking down Ticketbastards

I don't even know how much money I've spent in the last 3 years on concerts, I'm around 300 in for this year between Megadeth and Korn
and probably 40% of that is going towards their completely asinine fees

the Copa America semis tickets I bought were already expensive but the fees those pricks add in nearly doubled it.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, that's not the only good thing of Taylor Swift. My guess is your political views oppose hers, thus why you feel that way.

Setting politics aside, here impact to local economies is a good thing by itself.

Has Taylor actually shown to be leaning one way or the other? Last I checked, her message to her fans was simply "Go out and vote." Which one party took as an attack against their ideals.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Has Taylor actually shown to be leaning one way or the other? Last I checked, her message to her fans was simply "Go out and vote." Which one party took as an attack against their ideals.
She most definitely has.
1) I won't post it here, but if you search for the video for Taylor on Trump with her discussions with her parents.
2) Look at the reaction to kelce for his ad for the covid vaccines.

Setting all that aside, to claim that Swift's impact is solely taking down Ticketmaster is myopic, regardless of politics.

Reactions: hockeynjune

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
She most definitely has.
1) I won't post it here, but if you search for the video for Taylor on Trump with her discussions with her parents.
2) Look at the reaction to kelce for his ad for the covid vaccines.

I'll take your word for it. Never been into the celeb scene, so anything of that world flies over my head.

I just remember the uproar over Swift and Kelce around the Superbowl, and I couldn't figure out why everyone was so upset. A blond singer performs at the Superbowl as her NFL boyfriend wins it. I thought that was the stereotype wet dream for the right not too long ago.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
She's made a billion dollars on her signing about her bad choice in men.
And the problem is?

You believe in free speech and capitalism, right?

Would have it been better she made a billion dollars singing about her truck, her dog or whatever head bangers sing about?

It's ok to admit that you just don't like her politics. No problem with that.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
And the problem is?

Would have it been better she made a billion dollars singing about her truck, her dog or whatever head bangers sing about?

It's ok to admit that you just don't like her politics. No problem with that.
I don't like celebrity politics in general, and it feels like they come out say something to make sure they get the next role and not be blacklisted. I tend to think it's coming from being blackmailed into supporting the thing cause they are all in a Satanist cult at this point.

But I don't care for her music, as it was a hijack of Country that was really Pop.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I don't like celebrity politics in general, and it feels like they come out say something to make sure they get the next role and not be blacklisted. I tend to think it's coming from being blackmailed into supporting
Meh, I call BS. My experience, People who say they don't like celebrity politics only don't like celebrity politics that don't agree with their views. The same folks I see complaining about Swift are fine with Kid Rock. Same goes for the other side of the aisle. They will complain about Matthew McConnahey (sp?) but be just fine with someone like Alyssa Milano. It always comes down to how they align with people's views.

My $0.02. I think it's fine for celebs to express their views, whether I agree with them or not. If they state something negative, they have to live with the consequences. T
the thing cause they are all in a Satanist cult at this point.
Well, that helps explain all your conspiracy theory stuff.
But I don't care for her music, as it was a hijack of Country that was really Pop.
That's fine. I don't like her music either. But I won't deny that she's had a big impact (other than Ticketmaster). I didn't like Madonna's music back in the day, but had to admit she had an impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad