OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLI: It's August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
And Popeyes chicken sandwich is even better than Chick-fil-A.

Uh, oh, NOW we're about to get into a controversial topic that's sure to get the thread locked down!
Popeyes could have the best food on the planet but with their customer service (or lack thereof) I will never go back. They have like 10% of the volume of a Chick-fil-A and still take 2-3x longer. At least the locations near me.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Popeyes could have the best food on the planet but with their customer service (or lack thereof) I will never go back. They have like 10% of the volume of a Chick-fil-A and still take 2-3x longer. At least the locations near me.
Not wrong. I won't even consider it any time around normal lunch times, just know it's going to be a complete disaster and not worth the hassle unless I'm at RDU. Oddly it's one of the better options there.

It would be one thing if the food prep itself was the slow part, that would be understandable. But the hang-up is just the overall customer service itself for the most part there. If they had customer service quality even approaching McDonald's, never mind Chick, they'd be absolutely killing the competition. Honestly the best thing they could do in that regard is implement kiosk ordering the way that McDonalds and Taco Bell did.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Not wrong. I won't even consider it any time around normal lunch times, just know it's going to be a complete disaster and not worth the hassle unless I'm at RDU. Oddly it's one of the better options there.

It would be one thing if the food prep itself was the slow part, that would be understandable. But the hang-up is just the overall customer service itself for the most part there. If they had customer service quality even approaching McDonald's, never mind Chick, they'd be absolutely killing the competition. Honestly the best thing they could do in that regard is implement kiosk ordering the way that McDonalds and Taco Bell did.

Yep. I'm a grown man who gets a twinge of social anxiety even putting an order in there. It's unsettling. It's not just one particular location or anything. It's the whole dang company. Every time I'm there it feels like a burden to the employees that I'm even ordering food, like I'm asking too much of them or being annoying to them or whatever. It's like... are they training their employees to act like that? I could understand a few people having a bad attitude... but just like CFA has a culture of service and etc. and that reflects across most to all of their restaurants, it seems like Popeye's is actively training their employees to be cold and rude.

Last edited:

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Prigo

Excuse me. I HAVE “JOURNALISTS” TO KILL.
I'll bet the last thing that went through his head before a continuous- rod blast/fragmention warhead was "Holy crap I should have just kept driving the boys to Moscow"

What a dumbass, to think he could just hit the brakes after crossing the Rubicon and live. LOL.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
R Debate breakdown -

Pence thinks its 1984.
Ramaswamay is an idiot, trying to emulate trump like a cheap knock off
Haley was pretty decent.
Christie is a worthless fat slob trying to get the never trumper vote, comes off like a beligerent jersey prick.
The guy on the far right from Dakota? Was invisible and uninteresting.
The old guy on the far left side was the same as the guy on the far right.
Tim Scott as always, above the BS and fray, looking good.
Desantis deer in headlights and about to get run over.

So far for me it's Scott, but I've always liked him since I lived in SC. But I'm sure like last time my candidate (Paul) will be too boring to win and we will be stuck with the choice of a potato, a cackling moron, or Trump. Sigh.

I'll bet the last thing that went through his head before a continuous- rod blast/fragmention warhead was "Holy crap I should have just kept driving the boys to Moscow"

What a dumbass, to think he could just hit the brakes after crossing the Rubicon and live. LOL.
Honestly? He may have made it. Or at least made a good show of it.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
I could point out why popeye's sucks and CFA is like a beacon on a hill, but I'd be called a racist for pointing out facts.

Lets see who bites -
Popeyes, are mostly staffed by angry black people who have a chip - a HUGE chip. Like EVERY one I've been in to. Its like they took the people who got fired from MCD's for being useless or assholes and made a chain just to hire them. Sorry it's true.

CFA actually vets its employees and has actual hiring standards.

MCD's is staffed mostly by kids who DGAF and are high or whatever. The one here where I live is staffed by FAR majority white people. They're slow, stupid, and don't care because they are LITERALLY all high. I mean snoop dog high. Gas in LA high. I shit you not, my wife HAD to have the damn pumpkin happy meal thing last year. She drug me in there to get it, and you could smell the shit outside. Dude at the register giggling the whole time. "What button is it? she wants the ghost man, the white one bro".

Popeyes, are mostly in the inner city or less fortunate neighborhoods. You dont see a popeyes in affluent neighborhoods. You do see CFA's there and the employee base is usually hired within a short radius of the store. This effects your sampling and experience. Sure, there are Great restauraunts in the hood with great service. But popeyes aint it, and youre comparing them to CFA which has different locations and employees.

There's reasons for it. I mean you can deny it, lol... But I have never encountered a happy popeyes employee. Or one that cared. Or one that didn't look at me like they hated me. Is what it is man.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Just curious as I don’t eat at any of those places, are the employees all compensated the same? I’ve read that CFA pays about $14 per hour vs $10-$11 at MCD and Popeyes on average. No clue if it’s accurate

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
couldn't tell you on that one. I don't think the pay differences are that dramatic though for the most part.
It doesn’t take much on the bottom end of the scale. I know when my kids were high school age and taking summer jobs, they wanted to work at Target because Target offered he highest pay among retail options. Therefore, Target got to pick the best of the bunch.

If CFA is only slightly higher and I’m guaranteed every Sunday off, that’s what I’d choose over MCD, BK, etc.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Clearly what Popeye's needs to do is be like Church's Chicken a decade ago when they were giving away Ford Fiestas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad