OT: Hurricanes Lounge XLI: It's August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Was it a mercenary mod that closed the previous one? Seemed like ours were letting it play out. No message about "this is closed because you guys can't keep it together" or whatever.
Everything was great until a couple of posters pushed it over the edge. Negan even commented on it that conversation was civil until then.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Was it a mercenary mod that closed the previous one? Seemed like ours were letting it play out. No message about "this is closed because you guys can't keep it together" or whatever.
I probably would have just deleted the posts, but if somebody reports something and the globals see it first, they take action, and they're generally gonna be much stricter. I was arguing on the internet back when everything was almost entirely unmoderated flamewars, so my tolerance is pretty high, but let that be a reminder that where I'm generally happy to let people argue, if things get too far the boy boys can and will crack down.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Everything was great until a couple of posters pushed it over the edge. Negan even commented on it that conversation was civil until then.

Yeah I mean I thought it was a great conversation. Then it got a little testy is all. I mean really, what is the big deal- if I were moderating I'd just chastise the offenders, maybe delete a post or two and move on.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
if I were moderating I'd just chastise the offenders,
Sir, this is the Carolina Hurricanes sub-board on a NHL discussion forum.
210324-tim-peel-jm-1401.jpg

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I guess I got some kind of shadow ban. My account is completely locked down from doing anything but commenting but have zero message, warning or indication on why

Super cool
It may be worth posting about it in the support forum. They’re usually pretty good about fixing issues promptly.

Reactions: Unsustainable

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
There's nothing affecting your account, also shadow bans are punk moves we dont use those.

Most likely you have a buggered regional Cdn, happens occasionally. Your nearest caching server has downloaded a effed up copy of the website so something isn't working (JavaScript probably). Or you accidentally disabled JavaScript yourself.

Try an incognito window, if that resolves it the issue is likely in your browser/cache. If it doesn't resolve it, proxy/Cdn issue which usually resolves on its own in 3 or 4 days.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
There's nothing affecting your account, also shadow bans are punk moves we dont use those.

Most likely you have a buggered regional Cdn, happens occasionally. Your nearest caching server has downloaded a effed up copy of the website so something isn't working (JavaScript probably). Or you accidentally disabled JavaScript yourself.

Try an incognito window, if that resolves it the issue is likely in your browser/cache. If it doesn't resolve it, proxy/Cdn issue which usually resolves on its own in 3 or 4 days.

This is exactly what someone who had placed a shadow ban on you *would say*, though...

"should resolve itself in a few days"

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Gotcha... Thanks for looking into it, appreciate it

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Yeah I mean I thought it was a great conversation. Then it got a little testy is all. I mean really, what is the big deal- if I were moderating I'd just chastise the offenders, maybe delete a post or two and move on.
I was pretty impressed at how civil it was.

I guess I got some kind of shadow ban. My account is completely locked down from doing anything but commenting but have zero message, warning or indication on why

Super cool
Been happening to me tntermitantly for weeks now. Sometimes if I close out and come back it’s ok. Do you get a verification request for your “likes”?

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Just wanted to let you know that I was able to check again today on a different computer and I am not locked down on that one, so its definitely something with the other one. Once again, appreciate the feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad