OT: Hurricanes Lounge XIX: Turkey appreciation and Black Friday depreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
It's more of an Alabama thing, but where do we all fall on mayo based bbq sauce? I'd be untruthful if I said I didn't make one every month or so.

I usually use this as a guide for my recipes.

1 quart mayonnaise
3/4 quart apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
Lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

A lot of people put horseradish too, but I'm personally not a fan.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
It's more of an Alabama thing, but where do we all fall on mayo based bbq sauce? I'd be untruthful if I said I didn't make one every month or so.

1 quart mayonnaise
1/2 cup corn syrup
Lemon juice

^

BURN the witch. BURN it. (You, not the recipe)

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
^

BURN the witch. BURN it. (You, not the recipe)

Do I get a partial mulligan cause I only make make my slaw with vinegar and no mayo? :D

Don't knock it till you try it anyway. I'll tell you what, I still love Eastern style and have a growing appreciation for mustard, but every once in a while all y'all should put a tad of mayo on your pork.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Do I get a partial mulligan cause I only make make my slaw with vinegar and no mayo? :D

Don't knock it till you try it anyway. I'll tell you what, I still love Eastern style and have a growing appreciation for mustard, but every once in a while all y'all should put a tad of mayo on your pork.

No, we shouldn't. Neither should you, for that matter.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
A couple of years ago, I'd have agreed with you wholeheartedly, but a couple years of grad school in Tuscaloosa changed me. I am not the man I once was. I'm... Different now.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Are we still talking pulled pork here?

If so, I'd be willing to give it a shot. It's not like you're eating it with straight mayo.

Yes sir, I know it sounds gross and I refused to eat it for a while, but once you step through the white curtain, you'll find it's not that bad.

It'll never be Eastern, but, once in a while, like mustard, it's not that bad.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Yes sir, I know it sounds gross and I refused to eat it for a while, but once you step through the white curtain, you'll find it's not that bad.

It'll never be Eastern, but, once in a while, like mustard, it's not that bad.

Is there a special name for this type of sauce? Or is it just called Alabamer style? Know if it's possible to find it in bottle form? I quite enjoy Eastern NC style bbq but I'm also a big enough fan of the pig that I'll try it cooked or prepared pretty much any way, shape or form.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Is there a special name for this type of sauce? Or is it just called Alabamer style? Know if it's possible to find it in bottle form? I quite enjoy Eastern NC style bbq but I'm also a big enough fan of the pig that I'll try it cooked or prepared pretty much any way, shape or form.

I lived in Tuscaloosa for a little more than two years and all I ever heard anyone refer to it as was "White Sauce". As far as I know, it doesn't have a specific name attached to it other than that.

And yes, you can get it in bottle form. Wal-Mart (and other stores) in Alabama carried several varieties. I don't recall if I ever saw any when I lived in NC, but I never really looked for it either.

Of the bottled varieties I tried, I think my favorite was Bob Gibson's.

512ubnQAxBL.jpg

You can buy a 6 Pack of 16 oz. bottles here

Or single bottles on Amazon here.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere

1 quart mayonnaise
1/2 cup corn syrup
Lemon juice

rip cidentityo

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
So I have a fancy pants laptop that I got mostly to run AutoCAD and it won't install. I've had troubles with the AutoCAD student downloads in the past so I don't think it's the laptop which makes me really pissed. And I'm not going to pay $1700 for a year of modeling software.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
So I have a fancy pants laptop that I got mostly to run AutoCAD and it won't install. I've had troubles with the AutoCAD student downloads in the past so I don't think it's the laptop which makes me really pissed. And I'm not going to pay $1700 for a year of modeling software.

Not that I know anything about how to fix it...but what is preventing it from installing? Do you know?

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Not that I know anything about how to fix it...but what is preventing it from installing? Do you know?

I have no idea. The installation window opens then .... just sits there. I'm trying the mechanical version right now instead of plain AutoCAD and am having better success. I'm also trying the 2014 instead of 2015 version. Hopefully it gets me what I want, just practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad