Pre-Game Talk: Hurricanes in Ottawa Tonight 7:30 on TSN

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Hate to say it, but I honestly wish this season was over already.

27 more games left.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Would you have been as excited as you were before the season if you knew how the season would go S65? That is to say, enjoy the struggles and one day we'll be good again.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Would you have been as excited as you were before the season if you knew how the season would go S65? That is to say, enjoy the struggles and one day we'll be good again.

I don't know honestly. This has just been one frustrating season.

Now that Lehner and Mac is hurt, things may get even worse.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Just finished watching the game on PVR. Just as some faint playoff hopes were revived due to our mini-streak and Boston's stalling, this game happened. Frustrating to say the least, as we didn't play badly at all once again, but bad penalties (some dumb and some unfair) and even worse goaltending did us in.

- Prince was pretty impressive. Nice vision and hustle, and didn't "play small". My optimism about the Prince-Legwand-Condra line chemistry was rewarded.

- Wiercioch played a good game in front of all the scouts. Here's to a good trade return!

- Karlsson and Ryan had their usual game-breaking level of play.

- With Mac injured, who should be called up? If it's Puempel, I think a Puempel - Lazar - Chiasson line has some potential.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
It's a horrible thing, but if there was ever a time for it to happen..

True. About the worst thing that could happen is Hammond shuts the door like Andy did, and this team has a winning streak. I always prefer for our roster players and prospects to excel, which is much more valuable than a high draft pick; and best of luck to Hammond. But I'd love to see a top-5 pick.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
About the worst thing that could happen is Hammond shuts the door like Andy did, and this team has a winning streak.

I guess so, but that's like what... I mean, what are the odds Andy "Superbackup" Hammond strings out more than 45 straight minutes of game-stealing goaltending, let alone 60, let alone multiple games?

Hammond seems like a nice guy, but I'd be surprised if he can maintain a ~.910 sv% in Ottawa, let alone spearhead a big streak.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Lehner stumbled off to the dressing room in a daze. I'd be willing to bet he'll be out for a bit as well.

I would absolutely spend a 3rd or 4th round pick on Markstrom. The kid had a rocky NHL start and no help from Florida....but he is an amazing talent. He and Lehner would be a top 3 duo in the NHL for a decade.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I would absolutely spend a 3rd or 4th round pick on Markstrom. The kid had a rocky NHL start and no help from Florida....but he is an amazing talent. He and Lehner would be a top 3 duo in the NHL for a decade.

I'd spend a 4th rounder on Markstrom even if we didn't need a goalie.

That's just a good investment, regardless of positional need.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Weird game. I thought we had way more chances, quality ones too, but we got our butt whooped. Oh well.

I thought the Hoff-Zibby-Ryan line was really good again. and other than one execution error by Ceci that led to the 4th goal/carnage the PW-Ceci pairing was winning every single shift. Good game from both of those two and I think they play well together.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Keep Puempel away from the NHL

He's having a rough year due to talent-drain from Bingo to Ottawa

He needs to be rewarded with an NHL game, not given one due to injury

Too many people on here heap praise on Detroit for taking their time with their players yet act like Prince was owed an NHL game or Puempel deserves to be called due to injury

They get called up when they are ready and not before, that's how it's done

Won't hurt his development

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That's not the point

It's not as if he's been in bingo chumming around and not working his tail off. The guy has made massive strides. Has he earned it through and through. Probably not he's only been there a year and a half. But he's a top prospect of ours. Should get a game or two. Then they can bring up Schneider. Who has been down there a bit longer.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
It's a horrible thing, but if there was ever a time for it to happen..

This is the mantra right now for sure, hate seeing the team continuing to lose games where they essentially derail themselves in a variety of ways (Often comical) but if there is ever a time to bottom out it is this year.

Prediction: Those that will be remembered for the 2014-2015 season years down the line will be the team that wins the cup and the bottom teams that picked up franchise type players, gotta stay positive!

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Prediction: Those that will be remembered for the 2014-2015 season years down the line will be the team that wins the cup and the bottom teams that picked up franchise type players, gotta stay positive!

In five years, MacArthur will be hailed as a hero for this!

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Like I predicted a bit earlier in the season, Sens SV% is now 9th in the league with a close to average 0.914

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/stats/...-season-regularseason-category-savepercentage

I don't know honestly. This has just been one frustrating season.

Now that Lehner and Mac is hurt, things may get even worse.

Sucks for them but doesn't matter in the big picture...

What were your expectations before the season?

I thought they were a wildcard to make the playoffs, end up 6th-8th if everything goes right and if not, possibly a top-10 pick. This year, for once, I don't mind much as this great looks super promising (without thinking about tanking literally, I will never cheer that my team lose), but when they lose I don't mind because I think they will get a key piece for the future and they won't make the playoffs anyway.

Play tight games, score some goals, get some experience is all I care for the rest of this season.

I'd totally do that. There's 2 backups in Bingo anyway so even if we are healthy, we could use Markstrom... Hogberg and Driedger are a few years away

I agree, I'd go with Puempel as well. Pageau will be up as soon as Legwand's gone anyway.

Missed it but there's rumours?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah... yeah, ok. I think Thomas has done enough in his career that he's allowed to be called THE Tim Thomas.

OK. Yeah, I'm on board.

Thomas was looking a little, err, thicker during his last comeback. Can you imagine what he looks like now? I'm betting he makes Jeff O'Neill look like Erik Karlsson in comparison. :D

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
So Dreidger will be up for tomorrow game most likely and Hammond will probably get his first career start, never expected to see Driedger up so soon :), and there is still a call up to be determined.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad