Seravalli: Hurricanes closing in on 1 year deal with Tony DeAngelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
So there was an incident in juniors involving some kind of slur that no one knows what the slur was or what the context of the slur was. Then there was the abuse of official incident in Arizona. But his most recent issues have just been about being a Trump supporter on Twitter, right?

It's not like he's a criminal, or anything? Just a meat-head?
Since when did the certain_people start to care for the actual facts?
The important part is that the inmates are actually taking over the asylum IRL
<edited to keep everyone happy>

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Yep. I mean if we manage to get Dougie extended, TDA replaces Bean, and manage to bring in two good goalies (or keep Mrazek) it's one thing. I haven't seen much indicating it though aside from being tied to speculation on Raanta.

And again, if we get him, great, he's a damn good goalie. So who plays the other 60 games when he's on the IR again?

You could just have him lay in the crease, and the players try to block all high shots!

AK4774

Jul 27, 2021
Lol, he got crucified by the Rangers for being the only one with heart and balls on their team and calling the rest of them out for being p***yes. Only for Tom Wilson to prove to the world how right he was 2 months later culminating in the Rangers cleaning house and dumping their skill to load up on goons. Last "problematic" defenseman Carolina got was museum boy so DeAngelo is in good company there

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
I think a one-year contract is the club's mistake. :help:
Considering the huge popularity of Tony. :nod:
Great respect for the personality of Tony DeAngelo in the media. :nod:

I think the contract should be for two or three years. Low AAV.
The one-year contract is the most beneficial for DeAngelo itself.
In case of a good game and no scandals, the next contract will be with the usual AAV.
If the player is used correctly – this is very likely.
The team makes poor use of the current situation.

Good luck Tony. :)

Genu

Mar 19, 2011
Finland
Gord Miller right now on Overdrive just said he called a long time employee of the Rangers and asked him to rank DeAngelo on a scale from 1 to 10.

1 being a great guy, 10 being the absolute worst.

He said the guy responded he's a 1, the guys loved him, the guys around the rink loved him. Take that for what it's worth.
Not hard to see this, seems rather outgoing personality. I suspect that any problems the organizations have with him are related to inability to keep certain topics out of workplace.

If i had to guess, he will continue changing teams every couple of years. Hotheaded incredible offensive defender with mostly suspect defensive game.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
So there was an incident in juniors involving some kind of slur that no one knows what the slur was or what the context of the slur was. Then there was the abuse of official incident in Arizona. But his most recent issues have just been about being a Trump supporter on Twitter, right?

It's not like he's a criminal, or anything? Just a meat-head?

The breaking point for getting him out of NYR was apparently some altercation with his teammate Georgiev

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
ONE instance of using a "slur" when he was younger doesn't define him to me.

I'm more tolerant and open minded than you I guess..

We gonna just pretend he hasn't been booted off every team he's been on?

I know "politics" is the easy cop out, but it's pretty obvious that the guys a douche. Camaraderie is too important in the nhl and hockey in general for a guy like this to be around.

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
Good for Tony and good for Carolina. Just yesterday I was reading as many articles as I could about Tony to understand why such a talent was shunned from the league.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I think a one-year contract is the club's mistake. :help:
Considering the huge popularity of Tony. :nod:
Great respect for the personality of Tony DeAngelo in the media. :nod:

I think the contract should be for two or three years. Low AAV.
The one-year contract is the most beneficial for DeAngelo itself.
In case of a good game and no scandals, the next contract will be with the usual AAV.
If the player is used correctly – this is very likely.
The team makes poor use of the current situation.

Good luck Tony. :)

Huge popularity of Tony?

Huh?

Reactions: DaveG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad