Hurricanes 5 Oilers 3

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Truly the state of our defense.

Sooo... why didn't we get any help back there again?

In fairness to Chia, unless you have some magical time machine, it's impossible to forsee Oscar Klefbom playing worse than Mark Fayne.

We probably literally win that game if Fayne is in for Klefbom, I'm not even joking.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Is it just me or are we throwing the puck around the boards in the offensive zone to0 aggressively?, because I saw multiple times where our players couldn't get to the puck in time or is the players not being the correct positions? I swear no one knows where anyone is on our team. They are throwing the puck expecting someone to be there!

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
I don’t really get the McDavid hate. If that post had gone in and Maroon had scored on the breakaway, y’all be singing his praises. He’s not even close to the problem.

Reactions: Tom Collins

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Anybody who thought this defensive group was going to be good enough wasn't looking at the numbers. Chiarelli had a timebomb to fix and he instead chose to go status quo.

It's unlucky that regression seems to have kicked in for everybody but Nurse all at the exact same time--all while Sekera is on the IR--but the potential was always there and they chose not to fix it.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
In fairness to Chia, unless you have some magical time machine, it's impossible to forsee Oscar Klefbom playing worse than Mark Fayne.

We probably literally win that game if Fayne is in for Klefbom, I'm not even joking.
Well who signed his extension...?

The defense is garbage right now. It really misses Sekera.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I don’t really get the McDavid hate. If that post had gone in and Maroon had scored on the breakaway, y’all be singing his praises. He’s not even close to the problem.

If those both go in , I bet LB lets in two more goals. :help:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

I like most of what Chiarelli has done since he came here but he badly failed this summer wrt the defense.

Reactions: Proko88

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Another strong game for Nuge and Nurse. Glad to see a Strome make an appearance, wish our goaltending would show up.

Wonder if Klefbom is hurt or just really struggling.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Well who signed his extension...?

The defense is garbage right now. It really misses Sekera.

That's really bordering on unfair. You damn well know even you did not forsee this from Klefbom.

Dude is playing like his brain is back in Sweden. IMO he's single handedly pissed away two games for us ... this one and the Vancouver game. We could be 3-2 instead of 1-4 if he would freaking wake up.

Reactions: nabob

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
Who's up next?

*Looks up sched, sees Chicago*

RIP.png

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
There is no point in blaming McDavid and the forwards imo. When the G is so weak and you're playing catch-up 20s into the game, that's got to be very disheartening. Except the Calgary game, they were always chasing the other team, unable to rely on decent D and G.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
LB won't last long in this league. Terrible lateral movement on that PP goal. Also, should have been going for the poke check on the 5th goal.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Hate to be "that guy", but we needed a f***ing save tonight. With that said we made some braindead mistakes tonight. To me it seemed like we would dominate for a long stretch then shoot ourselves in the foot with a dumb mistake.

Shining light was Yamo, holy f*** was he good tonight.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
People blaming goaltending sound a lot like Flames fans from the last few years.

Doesn't matter who you have in net if your defense plays as horrendously as the Oilers has been since the first game.

Reactions: BarDownBobo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad