OT: Humour Thread

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Only $3.95/min? Which service is this? Inquiring minds want to know :sarcasm:
When I was an undergraduate at UBC, there were discreet bulletin board ads suggesting you could make great money in "the comfort of your own home". A few friends checked into them and discovered they were for sex chat lines. I remember one girl at a party somewhere said she'd tried it for a few months and the hardest part about the job was not laughing.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
When I was an undergraduate at UBC, there were discreet bulletin board ads suggesting you could make great money in "the comfort of your own home". A few friends checked into them and discovered they were for sex chat lines. I remember one girl at a party somewhere said she'd tried it for a few months and the hardest part about the job was not laughing.

I've heard similar stories from female friends as well. :laugh:

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
T-shirt of the day...

20231102_050146.jpg

Meme of the day...

photo_2020-10-29_15-52-01.jpg

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Ball Hammocks - soon to be endorsed by Blake Wheeler.

Do guys really find that hammock stuff comfy? It looks to me like it would be just the opposite, but using the eggs for the demo was clever. I also liked the medieval version of the ad. But those stupid designs?

Personally, I'll still prefer a man in normal briefs, preferably a simple, one-colour bikini brief, like a speedo but with softer, lighter fabric. Fortunately, there's a large sample of men out there who find these the most comfortable.

Reactions: Stumbledore

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Do guys really find that hammock stuff comfy? It looks to me like it would be just the opposite, but using the eggs for the demo was clever. I also liked the medieval version of the ad. But those stupid designs?

Personally, I'll still prefer a man in normal briefs, preferably a simple, one-colour bikini brief, like a speedo but with softer, lighter fabric. Fortunately, there's a large sample of men out there who find these the most comfortable.
No, it's just another way of trying to sell guys something they've never needed and don't want.

I overheard once my wife telling one of our girls --whose raising a boy -- that a man wears the same style of underwear his whole life. Whatever his mum puts him in around age 5 is the kind of gotch he's gonna wear for the rest of his days.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
For anything above - 10*C, I fancy this accoutrement in tandem with a ultra cheap Costco Joe Boxer TM gotch. So, whether its destroying a sonnet, cutting a jig at the local hoe down, heading out for a stroll to inspect the buckwheat on the back 40, lollygagging with me bros on the beach, or simply indulging in a good old-fashioned afternoon shindig, this is my gear du jour. Can't say this is a majority option (not going to win many public elections in this getup) and ... folks tend to run screaming -- but they are beaucoup comfy.

western-chaps-four-styles-1600x800pixels-labeled.jpg

(Clarification: this is the humour thread).

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

Trust me, no one should witness me in a speedo...

:laugh:

No, it's just another way of trying to sell guys something they've never needed and don't want.

I overheard once my wife telling one of our girls --whose raising a boy -- that a man wears the same style of underwear his whole life. Whatever his mum puts him in around age 5 is the kind of gotch he's gonna wear for the rest of his days.

Mostly it's true. But I did switch from boxers to briefs in my mid 20s, so it's not a universal rule.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
For anything above - 10*C, I fancy this accoutrement in tandem with a ultra cheap Costco Joe Boxer TM gotch. So, whether its destroying a sonnet, cutting a jig at the local hoe down, heading out for a stroll to inspect the buckwheat on the back 40, lollygagging with me bros on the beach, or simply indulging in a good old-fashioned afternoon shindig, this is my gear du jour. Can't say this is a majority option (not going to win many public elections in this getup) and ... folks tend to run screaming -- but they are beaucoup comfy.

western-chaps-four-styles-1600x800pixels-labeled.jpg

(Clarification: this is the humour thread).

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
For @kanadalainen and all his many followers:

View attachment 823696
Damn... I can't see the .png file. :huh::dunno::rolly:

I might utilize my imagination (swine taking a mud bath, skate boarder grinding a rail then falling and smashing his testicles, dead coelacanth being dissected by Shakespeare himself), but will forgo this path. :laugh:

EDIT -> ok I see it now! Brilliant.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AlaskaJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad