Prospect Info: Hudson Fasching WJC 12/29/13

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Can't do it from my phone right now--but maybe we should merge all of these into a Prospect Info--WJC thread.

Will be back at 8-9pmish to merge all if you guys are interested

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site
Hudson Fasching (4th round - 118th overall, 2013)
was named the player of the game in the 8-0 win over Germany.

I watched that game. Pretty sure he was NOT named player of the game. There were several other players that were far more noticeable, both on the scoresheet and via eye test. Hinostroza and Copp to me in particular.

motalar

Feb 20, 2008
dalen
I watched that game. Pretty sure he was NOT named player of the game. There were several other players that were far more noticeable, both on the scoresheet and via eye test. Hinostroza and Copp to me in particular.

I watched that game as well, and thought he was one of the standouts. And by the way, he WAS named best player of the game for the U.S.

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/359/IHM359000_85K_4_0.pdf

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Meh a players performance in games like these mean very little to me. See how he stacks up against quality teams and then we can talk about how great he is. I have read he has shown well in the 2 previous games though.

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site
I watched that game as well, and thought he was one of the standouts. And by the way, he WAS named best player of the game for the U.S.

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/359/IHM359000_85K_4_0.pdf

I stand corrected. Well, that just goes to show that I shouldn't quit my day job to scout. I thought he was OK, but nothing particularly special.

I also thought that Wagner was meh as well, and he was also voted player of the game for Germany, so there you go.

Thanks for the link, BTW.

Last edited:

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
he looked good to very good today, this will vary from person to person obviously. i was impressed with his IQ out there. he made some very good reads in anticipation, which lead to him beating guys to the puck. he uses his body very well at this point to protect the puck, make space and create a lane for himself to play off the boards.

i thought he looked real good in open ice and made some real nice moves past defenders. his skating looked fluid and efficient also. i really like what i see from this kid so far

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
he looked good to very good today, this will vary from person to person obviously. i was impressed with his IQ out there. he made some very good reads in anticipation, which lead to him beating guys to the puck. he uses his body very well at this point to protect the puck, make space and create a lane for himself to play off the boards.

i thought he looked real good in open ice and made some real nice moves past defenders. his skating looked fluid and efficient also. i really like what i see from this kid so far

Just out of curiosity, where are you catching these games?

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
NHLN is covering them. they are on early here in the US, with encore - repeat coverage later in the day.

Thursday i think the Quarters begin and the first game is at 6AM EST

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Meh a players performance in games like these mean very little to me. See how he stacks up against quality teams and then we can talk about how great he is. I have read he has shown well in the 2 previous games though.

Like how everyone was ready to hang Brayden Schenn's number from the rafters after he scored 8 points against France?

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether

He looked very good today and I agree, he plays a really smart game of hockey and even has better wheels then I remember him having before his time off.

He looks good against his peers and even at times right there with some of the better of them.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2014/01/02/2014-iihf-world-junior-championship-usa-vs-russia-recap/

Hudson Fasching — Team USA’s best forward for a lot of the tournament, to me, was Fasching. His play down low in the offensive zone was incredible. He was physically dominant, making skill plays to get pucks to the net and just had all-out effort every shift. He gave the U.S. a PK option and performed well in that role. Once he learns to finish off some of those power drives to the net, he’s going to be a force. He’s eligible to return next year.

In case you missed it, USA was eliminated by Russia in the quarter finals.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Predicted the US to finish 5th pre tourney. That prediction is looking good. As is Fasching. This kid always had it in him. He simply had a very bad and inconsistent draft year.

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
Best players of each team selected by coaches (whole tournament):
Team USA: Matt Grzelcyk, Andrew Copp and Hudson Fasching.

Zykov is now getting some icetime as a fourtliner. The more I see him, the less I like him.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Best players of each team selected by coaches (whole tournament):
Team USA: Matt Grzelcyk, Andrew Copp and Hudson Fasching.

Zykov is now getting some icetime as a fourtliner. The more I see him, the less I like him.

Fantastic. And weren't Copp and Fasching playing together?

What's Zykov doing wrong exactly?

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Sorry, I'm super late to this but I thought Hudson Fasching was the only Kings prospect in the WJC? I completely forgot about Valentin Zykov. He's on the Russian team??

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Sorry, I'm super late to this but I thought Hudson Fasching was the only Kings prospect in the WJC? I completely forgot about Valentin Zykov. He's on the Russian team??

Yeah. He's had a very very limited roll sadly. Still a hell of a prospect.

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
Fantastic. And weren't Copp and Fasching playing together?

What's Zykov doing wrong exactly?

Yes, Copp and Fasching played together. Copp got more icetime, because he got also pp-time. Fasching got only even strenght and pk-time.

In my mind Zykov doesn't compete hard enough. He doesn't hit, he doesn't shoot, he doesn't drive to the net. There is no fire. Actually he seems to be a little lost out there , especially in the d-zone. But there is still two games left and those are the big ones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad