Confirmed with Link: Huberdeau re-signed, 2y/3.25M AAV

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Okay, so you are all saying I'm a xenophobe. I'll retract my statement and say there aren't any players that are interested in playing with countrymen who would speak the native language. Happy now? Duly noted and put in the circular file. Now can we move on.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
I'm pretty sure that Havlat's PTO has a lot more to do with his relationship with Tallon than with Jagr. Its also unlikely that he would've had many other offers.
Actually I thought I read where Havlat said he talked to Jagr about speaking to the Cats about a PTO. Maybe I'm wrong. Also, I believe I read where he was offered a PTO with Ottawa.

Last edited:

Juggernaut27

#CatsHasCupNow?
Apr 29, 2014
Vancouver
Okay, so you are all saying I'm a xenophobe. I'll retract my statement and say there aren't any players that are interested in playing with countrymen who would speak the native language. Happy now? Duly noted and put in the circular file. Now can we move on.

The native language/country thing isn't without merit. Sometimes there is a real language barrier for young players and they certainly can be swayed by friends (often countrymen) when contract time comes up.

I think the takeaway is that there isn't a 'Habs' factor. Now if they ever put a team in New Orleans... :sarcasm:

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Hubs is betting on himself. That's all. He'll get a lot more money in two years if he kills it during the next two seasons versus signing long term now. I wouldn't be too concerned about him leaving or chasing the money unless we suck the next two years.

Probably would be similar to what Bjugstad got if he signed long term now. If he kills it it could be like 6.5-8.5 per year depending how well he performs.
This is the reason I prefer the smaller tenure. Let him prove he deserves to stat here long term for big money. AFAIC, he hasn't yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad