Confirmed with Link: Huberdeau re-signed, 2y/3.25M AAV

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
i like the deal. i believe it's fair. still am concerned that it took sooooo long, but he's signed!!!! let's get on with the season!!!!
GGGGGOOOOO PPPPPAAAAANNNNNTTTTTHHHHHEEEERRRSSSS!!!!!!!:handclap::nod::yo:

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
i like the deal. i believe it's fair. still am concerned that it took sooooo long, but he's signed!!!! let's get on with the season!!!!
GGGGGOOOOO PPPPPAAAAANNNNNTTTTTHHHHHEEEERRRSSSS!!!!!!!:handclap::nod::yo:

Tallon said they first talked about 6 yrs, 3yrs and finally 2yrs:popcorn:

This might be an issue but we will never know

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Hubs is betting on himself. That's all. He'll get a lot more money in two years if he kills it during the next two seasons versus signing long term now. I wouldn't be too concerned about him leaving or chasing the money unless we suck the next two years.

Probably would be similar to what Bjugstad got if he signed long term now. If he kills it it could be like 6.5-8.5 per year depending how well he performs.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

ezgif-1021870561.gif

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I'd prefer if they don't make the same mistake with wingers of the past. I.e. Rostislav "Gave 'em a long contract even though he had 0 twenty goal seasons under his belt at the time he signed the paperwork" Olesz.

Good contract for Huby. Prove you can get at least 20, then we'll renegotiate a new deal.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Relieved it's done. Surprised it was only a 2yr deal in the end but you know what, I think that will be a good thing. Motivation for him to do well to get a great contract in 2years.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I'd prefer if they don't make the same mistake with wingers of the past. I.e. Rostislav hahaha "Gave 'em a long contract even though he had 0 twenty goal seasons under his belt at the time he signed the paperwork" Olesz.

Good contract for Huby. Prove you can get at least 20, then we'll renegotiate a new deal.

I don't remember Rusty's name being that short. :laugh:

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I'd prefer if they don't make the same mistake with wingers of the past. I.e. Rostislav "Gave 'em a long contract even though he had 0 twenty goal seasons under his belt at the time he signed the paperwork" Olesz.

Olesz never had 40 points. Hubs almost had 40 assists alone. He doesn't need to prove he can get 20 goals. Not every player is a goal scorer. That's what I don't understand about the complaining. This kid is a brilliant playmaker and can hit 60 in a career year.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
He has a chance to prove himself and make more money this way. It would have been great for the team if he signed a contract Ala bjugs, but Huberdeau thinks he can get more in the future. If his performance improves, I have no problem paying him.

That is very generous of you! ;)

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Harvey also said that there are incentives included in the deal as well, but no idea what they are at the moment.
Signing bonus is pretty much the only thing available, can't have performance bonuses since it's not a ELC or 35+ and off the books extras are illegal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad