Speculation: How you envision HuGo dealing with the surplus of picks

Pick two options

• Total voters

John B

Nov 19, 2016
This is a tough one. Hughes hasn't yet traded up in the draft. Outside of the Habs 1st rounder, they don't have a lot of high picks. Avs 2nd rounder is likely late. You don't get much for 3rd rounders and up. At least not Dach level players. Have to see how the trade deadline shakes out to see if they add any high picks that could make a Dach/Newhook type deal make sense for another team.

I also don't think he'll use picks to move out bad contracts. Rare to see other teams take on a bad contract for mid round picks. I'd be pretty upset if he started dealing 1st and 2nd rounders to move out bad contracts.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Acquire talent and or move up in draft. Hopefully both. I don't think it's necessary to use all those picks to draft and lose those players down the road or be scared to place them on waivers!!

If the Flames rebuild, man that pick next year becomes gold!!!!

Last edited:

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Acquire talent and or move up in draft. Hopefully both. I don't think it's necessary to use all those picks to draft and lose those players down the road or be scared to place them on waivers!!

If the Flames rebuild, man that pick next year becomes gold!!!!

Were getting the Panthers pick not the Flames

• Wow
Reactions: Habs 4 Life

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Picks are like money in the bank, you use them to acquire things you want. I dont think KH should asked himself "what will I do with these pick"... he should focus on what do this team need to progress, identify what is available and "buy" what he can with the pick.

I mean, I dont look at my bank statement and say... Geez... too much money, how can I spend it!?

Reactions: Archijerej

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
How will Hughes deal with his abundance of picks?

With lots of panache.

(Jeez, why did this guy have to look so much like him).

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I say picks are added to the Sean deal, to get a top prospect.
Or if we get a 1st, I look for picks to be packaged with that 1dt at the draft to get a prospect or young player like Dach and Newhook.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad