How would you rate Gardiner this year?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
was great for the first few months but has fallen off a bit recently.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Never been much of a fan, processes the game too slow for my liking.
He's been better this year but I'd put that down to the Team playing more structured than player improvement.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
He's been better this year but I'd put that down to the Team playing more structured than player improvement.

Kind of agree. I think he's still young and lots of room to develop. He certainly has a long future in the league. On a contending team I don't know if he's in the top 4.

I'm not sold on him as anything more than a very good bottom pairing guy with PP specialties quite yet.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He has stabilized but needs to get to the next level starting next year. Generally good and quiet.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Offense is a little lower then what he's capable of (but the offense is low across the board), but I think he's had a great season. Shown he's a really good #3.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Kind of agree. I think he's still young and lots of room to develop. He certainly has a long future in the league. On a contending team I don't know if he's in the top 4.

I'm not sold on him as anything more than a very good bottom pairing guy with PP specialties quite yet.

Gardiner is one of the better 2nd pairing guys across the league. Look at his effect on team stats when he's on the ice, and how Dion's effectiveness sky rockets when paired with Gardiner.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
With usage and consistency taken into account, I'd say he's been the team's best overall defender this season.

He's a great #3, but when he's hot he's playing near top pairing quality.

coupe93

Dec 15, 2009
Meh. I don't see the glass as full as some here. He hasn't been bad though. I wouldn't say "very good" either.

I'm sitting somewhere along the lines with the above quotes. He certainly hasn't been bad, and there are signs of improvement in his game, but i really don't see a much higher ceiling. I hope I'm wrong...

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I could see Gardiner sticking around long-term. He would solidify the mid-pairing and I think will return to ~10G, ~30PTs production. If Dion is traded, I could see his assists going up higher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad