How the mighty have fallen - Dany Heatley

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
Good riddance. I wonder if his career would have declined to the same extent had he stayed with Ottawa.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I wonder if his career would have declined to the same extent had he stayed with Ottawa.

It would have. Dany Heatley has no one to blame but himself.

He coasted on skill and natural athletic ability for a decade, and never put the work in to ensure he could play into his mid-30's. His body is broken because he ignored conditioning for most of his career, and when injuries hit, he had nothing to cushion the fall.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I'm not indulging in any schadenfreude here. I'm really just disappointed in that player's career's arc through our team. First of all, I was upset about the way Muckler treated Hossa, and would have preferred to keep him. It was hard not to be excited about the Pizza Line's dominance, at least we have that. But then he completely handcuffed Murray on his way out of town.

I don't hold any ill will towards the guy. I hope he stays fit and has a satisfying career. Just stay away.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
This might be a case of not knowing what to do with yourself once your hockey days are done... so you just keep playing.

Next thing you know.. you are playing in the LNAH getting your face punched in because you can't "step away from the game".

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
It would have. Dany Heatley has no one to blame but himself.

He coasted on skill and natural athletic ability for a decade, and never put the work in to ensure he could play into his mid-30's. His body is broken because he ignored conditioning for most of his career, and when injuries hit, he had nothing to cushion the fall.

I do wish he would've stayed with us one more year without any drama and been traded before decline without the commotion as his value woud have been through the roof. Sigh.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The writing has been on the wall for a long time

His shoulder injury against the Red Wings in 2008 was the beginning of the end for him

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Couldn't stand the guy after he basically got away with killing his teammate, and how we "rescued" him from Atlanta. Never like the idea of him in our uniform, no matter how good he was. Bad karma.

But....his time with us is long over. Time to close the book on that guy.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Couldn't stand the guy after he basically got away with killing his teammate

That's too far. Snyder was his friend and that was a tragedy for everyone involved. Heater made a huge mistake and I'm sure he'll never stop paying for it inside.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
That's too far. Snyder was his friend and that was a tragedy for everyone involved. Heater made a huge mistake and I'm sure he'll never stop paying for it inside.

Driving double the speed limit is no mistake. It wasn't a case of a kid jumping onto the road from nowhere and having an accident.

But like I said....time to close the book.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
I often wonder how is career would have turned out if he wasn't injured during that red wing game. It's like he was a totally different player after that.

Xamar*

This would taste so much sweeter if we had gotten a monstrous return for Heater which we didn't because that piece of **** went public with his demands... Oh and the no-trade clause bent us over.Still pretty happy that heater turned to **** even tho I really liked him at one point.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
and Michalek quietly sulks... as nobody even recalls he is still playing in the NHL.:sarcasm:

Even if he plays on the 4th line this season, Michalek is still the better part of the trade. Heatley can have his schnitzel and beer -- he must have started on that diet a few seasons ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad